"there's no time like the present"
said to encourage someone to take action immediately instead of waiting
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Another fiscal quarter has finished and it is time to take inventory again. I really hate doing inventory.
Colleague 2: It is not the most pleasant task but it needs to get done.
Colleague 1: You are right and there is no time like the present. It is quiet in the store right now so why don't you look after the till while I start the inventory.
Colleague 2: Good idea.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I have been procrastinating over cleaning up the garage and my wife has been nagging me.
Friend 2: Well, there's no time like the present. It is a quiet Saturday afternoon. There are no good games on TV. Why not just get it over with?
Friend 1: Good idea. I'll do it now. Want to help?
There is no gerund form for there's no time like the present.
1) ... an overhaul of our administrative setup, but there really is no time like the present to set in motion the wheels of change.
2) ... feels that there is no time like the present for the side to strike back and maintain their place in the upper reaches of ...
3) ... it later: Death waits for no one. There is no time like the present, because no one has seen tomorrow. Your Will is important and you need ...
4) ... take into account years of past behaviour, but there's no time like the present to change your habits.
5) Get started. There's no time like the present to kick things off, advisers say.
6) ... naturally from the time you reach your mid-thirties, there is no time like the present to start strengthening those bones.
7) Which is why there's no time like the present to think about getting fit, eating well and losing those extra pounds that you ...
8) ... Winter Olympics six years from now, he feels there is no time like the present to start the process.
9) ... early so that you do not have to regret later. No time like the present to establish the virtues that you want your organisation to embody because, ...
10) There's no time like the present to start saving the world.
11) ... that affect you, your business and your profession. No time like the present to work on your marketing strategy.
12) ... we can not afford to delay. There is certainly no time like the present and I look forward to engaging with you in the not too distant future, ...
13) There's no time like the present so let's get straight to it then.
14) ... the value is there, so there's no time like the present if you're in the market for a car, ...
15) There's no time like the present for us because at some point we'll be past the tipping point.
16) ... it will become increasingly more difficult. So there's no time like the present to get it done.
17) When a business idea comes calling, there may be no time like the present to realise it -- even if that means putting full-time studies on the backburner.
18) For those who actually want a better life, no time like the present to start affecting change.
19) This being the last week of December, there's no time like the present to survey the year's most catastrophic misfires and find the teachable moments within.
20) ... plant the right seeds for our future harvests. There is no time like the present.