"there's no time to lose"
said when it is necessary to start something immediately so that it will be finished or achieved before a deadline
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Our competitor has just announced the release of a product that will compete directly with our new product.
Colleague 2: Then there's no time to lose. We have to rush our product to market.
Colleague 1: I will alert the team and ask them to clear their schedules for the next week.
Colleague 2: Let's get to work!
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I just got a text from Janice. She managed to find a flight and will land in an hour.
Friend 2: With the traffic at this time of day, it will take us at least an hour to get to the airport.
Friend 1: Then there's no time to lose. Grab your keys and let's go!
There is no gerund form for there's no time to lose.
1) I had no time to lose; I had to make up my mind quickly.
2) ... all knew that this is a national issue so since there was no time to lose, we went ahead to stage the awareness.
3) There is no time to lose. Action is needed now before lions go the way of the tiger.
4) There was just no time to lose so we went out of the house immediately.
5) For some of our teenagers, there is no time to lose, and next year may be too late.
6) The clock is ticking; we have no time to lose.
7) There is urgency. There is no time to lose.
8) UN climate experts have cautioned there is no time to lose in the battle against global warming, ...
9) She advised there is no time to lose as lawmakers and developers meet in 11 days to consider a proposal to construct a ...
10) Financial pressures are growing across the whole system. There is no time to lose.
11) ... make a binding commitment to begin this task today. There is no time to lose, because the rest of the world will not wait for us to catch on ...
12) With around three rhinos being poached each day, there is no time to lose.
13) There is no time to lose. Every day counts.
14) ... the discovery that the dam wasn't producing milk, so with no time to lose, the little colt was hastily fed his first meals by bottle.
15) ... we can't lose any time, no time to lose because we need to stop this epidemic.
16) We have no time to lose. There is no Plan B.
17) Now I knew there was no time to lose. I jumped to my feet, and grabbed Ed roughly by the arm, ...
18) ... 14 days of strike action set up right into December there is no time to lose in getting genuine and meaningful talks back on track now.
19) There was no time to lose. I made a dash for it. I ran like the wind.
20) Time is of the essence -- that means there is no time to lose so I think we need to continue working.