"to think ahead"
to think about and make plans for future circumstances such that you are prepared
Related words and phrases:
Two executives are talking ...
Executive 1: Are you ready for the merger negotiations?
Executive 2: I think so. I've given a good deal of thought to what the other party might expect and have prepared counter-proposals and fall-back positions.
Executive 1: Excellent. Thinking ahead like that can really make the difference between success and failure.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Are you ready for your trip?
Friend 2: I'm all packed and ready to go. I packed a change of clothes and my toiletries in my carry-on bag just in case the airline loses my luggage.
Friend 1: Good idea. When you think ahead like that, it can make a trip much more enjoyable.
Thinking ahead about an upcoming camping trip means that you will be prepared for anything.
1) I am sloppy, unorganized, and undisciplined. I am unable to think ahead. # I am unrealistic in that I underestimate how long things will take.
2) You have to plan. You have to think ahead.
3) If you are going to deal with something like Iraq, you have to think ahead about what might happen... that you do not expect.
4) If we don't think ahead... we will be behind the curve.
5) Difficult conversations benefit from good planning. Think ahead about what you want to say or ask.
6) We need people in technology with focus and passion who think ahead and see what's possible.
7) We are all getting a bit reflective, and thinking ahead to New Year's Resolutions.
8) Of course, planning for a long motorcycle trip takes a little more thinking ahead than a simple road trip or vacation by car might take.
9) This just proves that it's worth thinking ahead when it comes to catering to millennials.
10) You get to help a student plan his/her life. Undergraduate students are often thinking ahead -- to the next semester, the summer, and life after graduation.
11) You have to be thinking ahead. It's a habit that takes time to develop.
12) The world is dynamic rather than static, so constantly thinking ahead is the key to understanding.
13) After a few times of falling off one tends to get the idea and thinks ahead more.
14) When a painter thinks ahead to what he will paint, he has that picture in his thought.
15) The government always thinks ahead and it already sees the private property prices going into a superheated state.
16) I am full of what-if scenarios. What if I'd thought ahead and organised dinner before he ordered pizza?
17) Even the highest-powered executive wants to come home to a man who already thought ahead for their dinner plans without any needed input from her.
18) Some people who thought ahead have paid people to stand in line for them.
19) If only I'd thought ahead and brought sandwiches.
20) This puts you in a strong position if you have thought ahead.