"to think big"
to make ambitious plans that seem much too difficult or grand to achieve
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: We have what may be the hottest product this decade. This company has been struggling for quite a while so we need a win.
Colleague 2: I agree. We should plan on producing and selling five million units this year.
Colleague 1: Are we even capable of that level? What about production and supply chain issues?
Colleague 2: It may seem so difficult as to be impossible but we are ready for this. I feel absolutely confident that we can do it. If we are willing to think big, we can win big.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: The music your band is creating is really good. Any plans?
Friend 2: We thought we might be able to get a few dates to play some smaller local venues.
Friend 1: Seriously? You guys are really really good. You should be thinking big.
Friend 2: Like what?
Friend 1: Like a contract with a major recording studio.
Friend 2: That seems a little out of reach for us.
Thinking big, the company planned a huge expansion into fourteen countries.
1) While it always pays to think big, working towards an overwhelming long-term goal is a major killer of motivation.
2) ... impossible and the possible lies in determination. The choice is yours. To think big, you must look at things not as they are but as they can be.
3) I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do.
4) ... encouraged us to follow our dreams and to think big. She stressed the importance of young women becoming future leaders.
5) Be realistic when setting a time frame, but at the same time, think big and don't be afraid to challenge yourself.
6) As the article suggests, one approach is to think big and move recruitment goals beyond the state's borders.
7) ... profession has become very lucrative over the years. He called upon them to think big and give their best to be productive.
8) Given the potential benefits of the technology, Canada needs to think big and embrace the potential of drones.
9) It is important to think big and set bold goals to achieve factors of 10X impact.
10) ... said that the idea was to encourage kids to think big and dream for a positive change in the future.
11) ... was also a time for thinking big in the outdoor industry, with innovative and ambitious structures that ...
12) ... choosing people who have a history of thinking big while not overreaching and who have technical expertise and compassion as well.
13) It was a time when thinking big meant anything was possible.
14) The single biggest financial mistake I've made was not thinking big enough.
15) In fact, we should applaud attempts at thinking big and long-term: as a civilization they make us better.
16) He is a man who continues to prove that he thinks big and isn't afraid to take big risks.
17) ... which doubles as a tablet, has been described as an intelligent smartphone that thinks big.
18) I think the universal basic income is an admirable idea because it thinks big about our society.
19) America is a country that thinks big, acts boldly and leads without apology.
20) But before you brush her off as someone who merely thinks big, she does have a track record in realising her dreams.