"to think well of"
to have a good opinion of;
to regard very favorably
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Well, what did you think of the movie?
Friend 2: I didn't really think well of it.
Friend 1: You didn't like it?
Friend 2: No, not really.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What do you think of our new boss?
Colleague 2: She seems a little strict and not very friendly.
Colleague 1: You don't like her, then?
Colleague 2: At this point, no, I don't think well of her.
Thinking well of your boss is a sign of respect.
1) From a moral point of view I really don't think well of your great renunciation.
2) I like a good storyline and I appreciate good acting. I didn't think well of this film. Talk about full of holes?
3) I didn't think well of it at first.
4) We need to keep thinking of ourselves as under-appreciated underdogs who people don't think well of.
5) I didn't think well of the Obama official's comment at the time.
6) I didn't think well of this Frank Capra film, until I saw it recently on the big screen.
7) You don't think well of economists, do you?
8) It was special but I wasn't thinking well of it.
9) I have always had issues with self esteem not thinking well of myself as mentioned previously.
10) He appeared to be thinking well of others, and little of himself.
11) I don't think the church thinks well of him.
12) I can't imagine that Saleh thinks well of the Islamic regime in Iran.
13) The two candidates made it clear - in tone more than substance - that neither thinks well of the other.
14) I never thought well of Kenneally as Premier but she has impressed since the NSW Election.
15) Neither of us thought well of the red.
16) I will say for my parents that they had not thought well of me as a professional soldier either.
17) As for JML, never thought well of him as a player - decent yes but not overly consistent.
18) I never thought well of the trailers for the lord of the rings but the movies turned out to be very good.
19) Akin does apologize for his statement, not that anyone cared or thought well of it.
20) I've never really thought well of the actor!