of poor quality or value
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I had to reject three batches of products in the factory this morning.
Colleague 2: What was wrong with them?
Colleague 1: They all had rather serious flaws in one form or another.
Colleague 2: Flaws which would affect their function?
Colleague 1: No. The flaws were mostly cosmetic.
Colleague 2: So, why reject them?
Colleague 1: Because I will never allow this company to sell third-rate, inferior product.
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: Well? Did you get accepted into any of the Ivy League colleges you applied for?
Student 2: I was rejected by all of them. I guess my grades just weren't high enough.
Student 1: I suppose you will have to go to a second rate school then.
Student 2: No. They rejected me as well. I am now sending out applications to third rate schools. It is rather disappointing to accept the fact that I will be attending a poor quality university.
There is no gerund form for third-rate.
1) ... like its aging veterans, is losing its strength fast. Britain is already a third-rate power. Other nations are rising.
2) ... assembled, and is presenting them as experts, analysts, and leaders. These third-rate icons of idiocy are marketed by Fox like any other gag gift ...
3) ... functioned as a third-rate lawyer rendering legal opinions on fender benders, small claims, etc. on ...
4) "This is not simply a cover up of a third-rate burglary," he alleged. "We have four of our personnel dead, ..."
5) ... always believed that America should have the best of everything. We don't have third-rate airports and third-rate bridges and third-rate highways. That's not who we are.
6) ... no skills, imagination, or ability to learn, who couldn't run a third-rate laundromat.
7) But I'm not paying to see a third-rate actress who can't act her way out of a paper bag and whose entire ...
8) Carmelo Aguilera must row several hours to the nearest health clinic, which is third-rate and poorly stocked.
9) The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
10) ... out early, the choices are easy. One way is to pick out a third-rate university department staffed by bitter faculty members with Ivy League degrees.
11) But, when you're earnest and a bit wonky and up against a smarmy third-rate lounge-act flashing his dentistry, you don't have to be funny.
12) Nexen deal will bring fresh capital to a dangerously bloated project already overproducing a third rate resource with extreme carbon liabilities and poor energy returns.
13) A disgraceful third rate football team composed of cheats, pantomime dames and low quality players who have managed ...
14) Some believed that geriatrics was a third rate specialty, with an inferior status.
15) The residents knew of her history on the estates. Third rate, always behind Dave Conway and Jean Edwards and not very well thought of.
16) They lack every trait that makes for a decent government, are third rate politicians horse traded into high office, and are broadly incompetent with no vision.
17) I knew how third rate I was. I could actually feel my lack of talent, as if it ...
18) Until the people of Africa learn to work together they will always be a third rate continent.
19) ... to cringe in embarassment and witness the performance of a marginally-talented, third rate community oganizer from Chicago shamelessly using a horrific natural disaster to mask his incompetent leadership.
20) They don't push culture into their products. They make really third rate products that have no spirit in them.