"through thick and thin"
steadfastly and loyally;
in good times and bad times
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I can't believe that the company is letting you go. You have been through so many ups and downs and have never once thought of abandoning the company. When things were really bad and there were pay cuts after pay cuts, you kept going. When the company was on the verge of bankruptcy, you put in extra hours to help turn things around.
Colleague 2: It is rather a slap in the face to be fired after having stuck with the company through thick and thin.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I am so happy that you are my friend. In fact, you are the best. At some of the lowest periods of my life, you were there for me to help and support me. You were there when my son was born. You were the best man at my wedding. You saved me from despair when my wife died. Thank you for always being there.
Friend 2: A true friend is there through thick and thin.
Friend 1: Then you are most definitely a true friend.
There is no gerund form for through thick and thin.
1) ... every single time he has run for office and will remain firmly behind him through thick and thin without a single wobble.
2) ... and love each other through thick and thin. I think it gives them a sense of security.
3) ... because a happy customer will stay with your through thick and thin if they feel like you care enough.
4) Appreciate the people in your life who have stood by you through thick and thin. Enlist their support to help you become more positive.
5) ... you'll see a consistent theme: the visionary investors backed their bets through thick and thin, for as long as they had the resources.
6) ... a Greek brother is one who stands by your side through good through bad through thick and thin never to criticize or ostracize but to hold you up when you're ...
7) ... witness of a mother and a father who have stuck by each other through thick and thin, through the ups and downs and there have been many.
8) He's been Bruce's constant companion, sticking by him through thick and thin, even when Bruce didn't seem to want him around.
9) ... who we can trust, and who is going to be there for us through thick and thin. Faithfulness to your partner is a big part of this.
10) I mean really, she refuses to stop. # Ella has been there through thick and thin. She has been there through panic attacks, bloody noses, tears ...
11) ... and hope that you will continue to endeavour to reach your academic goals through thick and thin.
12) ... family who helped me through those dark days and who continue to support me through thick and thin. I know that, unfortunately, not everyone has a support network ...
13) You can always expect a pig friend to stay by your side through thick and thin. This sign relishes long standing relationships and remains faithful all throughout.
14) This season ticket holder intends to stick with the team, through thick and thin, and when the young stars on this team become big stars, ...
15) By following a step by step approach, and by staying with it through thick and thin; you will become free of debt.
16) ... with our complicated wedding. And for putting up with us throughout our lives through thick and thin and the ups and downs. We will remember this for life, ...
17) A unified party is built upon loyalty through thick and thin. We learn by our mistakes and move on.
18) ... by accident sometimes we find true friends, the ones who stick with us through thick and thin.
19) ... commitment and fortitude - it tells an employer that you can stick at something through thick and thin, and that you are a completer.
20) Give it time, have faith and support your club through thick and thin. We will win trophies again.