"to throw a fit"
to become extremely angry often shouting a lot
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What's up with Stan? He seems pretty angry and upset. All that shouting is upsetting me.
Colleague 2: He just found out that he lost a huge account.
Colleague 1: And his reaction is to throw a fit? That does not seem very professional.
Colleague 2: Stan has always been easy to anger.
Two parents are talking ...
Mother: How was your shopping adventure with little Sammy?
Father: Not the greatest. When I wouldn't buy him the toy he wanted, he lay down on the floor yelling, screaming and crying.
Mother: I should have warned you that he is going through a phase of throwing fits when he gets upset.
Throwing a fit and yelling and screaming is not the best way to express your anger.
1) ... if we don't get our way, well, we might just throw a fit.
2) You don't need to be unkind. You don't need to throw a fit.
3) ... because the country wants a leader, not someone who is going to throw a fit every time that they don't get their own way.
4) ... you might want to tell them in advance, because they just might throw a fit when they find a paperback instead of a shiny plastic toy.
5) ... for instance, would throw a fit every time he experienced difficulties.
6) ... was going to quit the show. # We heard how the actor threw a fit when water tankers were brought to film a rain sequence for the show.
7) The passenger said Bernardez then threw a fit and pulled out a gun from the foot well of the ...
8) I did insist, I threw a fit, and I did end up seeing my baby in hospital.
9) ... and eventually threw a fit and resigned from the selection committee.
10) Mandana refused. She threw a tantrum. She threw a fit. She almost stomped her feet and wailed.
11) It was the reaction of a brat throwing a fit after being taunted in the playground.
12) Saturday morning saw Jayne throwing a fit because some house-mates had not got up when the lights came on.
13) ... indignation to excessive grandstanding. While it is alright to feel incensed, throwing a fit in front of the world would inevitably do us no good at all.
14) The usual suspects are throwing a fit just at the idea of it. Class warfare they call it.
15) That led to more chaos, with the aspirants throwing a fit. Things could have gone out of hand, ...
16) ... just says "no" and see how she reacts. If she throws a fit over it, the answer is clear.
17) ... throws a fit and rips the set apart.
18) Choosy about food If your child throws a fit when you feed him/her spinach and insists on having fried potatoes for breakfast, ...
19) ... showy and short-tempered, and a ton of fun to watch when he throws a fit.
20) ... is if the child gets mad, rebels, misbehaves, or throws a fit, or something of that order.