"to tick off"
to name, specify or note items individually
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: What have you go there?
Friend 2: It's my bucket list.
Friend 1: What's that?
Friend 2: It's a list of all the things I want to do before I die.
Friend 1: I see that you've done a few of the things on your list.
Friend 2: Yes and I went skydiving yesterday so that is one more thing I can tick off my list.
Two executives are talking ...
Executive 1: Have you started putting your presentation together yet?
Executive 2: In a sense. I have this really great preparation list that helps a person get organized and prepare all the necessary components of a presentation.
Executive 1: And?
Executive 2: I will start creating the presentation tomorrow because I've just now finished ticking off all the items on the list.
Ticking off your list is a good method to ensure you haven't missed anything.
1) She ticked off reminders of what Obama inherited when he took office.
2) The DLC political manifesto ticked off a list of issues.
3) Once they are all completed and ticked off that's great.
4) It makes you feel like you've accomplished things when you see so many ticked off.
5) He was calm and in command as he ticked off his five-point economic plan.
6) We ticked off most of the architectural landmarks noted by the L.A. Conservancy.
7) I didn't have trouble. I ticked off checkboxes for the services I wanted and it all just synced up.
8) There are a few essentials web managers need to tick off, such as a minimal click path, clear menu structures, consistent global ...
9) Just downloaded your speech so that I can tick off the " benefits " when they reach you and me.
10) Who are the original giants of America? It's easy to tick off a string of famous names: Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin ...
11) The earth rotates once a day, and we tick off the days by looking at the rising and the setting of the sun.
12) When you tick off one of these options, a drop-down menu will appear.
13) They tick off all the things on the list.
14) He has to persuade Mark to help him tick off the five items.
15) I am constantly trying to tick off items on my ever-growing list of " needs " and desires.
16) It got worse when he began ticking off his bonafides.
17) For each one create a column for ticking off when done, a column for who in the home needs to do it.
18) I'm working on a CF horror/comedy and was ticking off elements that I already have with your checklist.
19) I used to be so externally run that I was a walking production report, ticking off a litany of projects to anyone who said hello.
20) Ticking off multiple destinations adds costs.