"(to be) tickled to death"
to be very pleased
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I guess you are happy that you finally got a raise, huh?
Colleague 2: I am very happy, tickled to death in fact.
Colleague 1: Congratulations. It is good news.
Colleague 2: Thanks.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How did your girlfriend like the bouquet of flowers you gave her last night?
Friend 2: She was tickled to death. I love to see her wonderful smile. She was so impressed that I gave her flowers for no reason at all.
Friend 1: Always a good thing to keep one's girlfriend pleased.
Being tickled to death by the unexpected gift, she hugged her boyfriend in joy.
1) ... it was difficult to say who was more excited. "I'm tickled to death," said ...
2) Some nurses were tickled to death to be working with an "alternative" family. But others were confused ...
3) Exactly what I'm thinking too, though I'd be tickled to death if Google released another "6" phone.
4) ... he is, according to his mates -- who are reportedly tickled to death by his newfound fame.
5) ... has enjoyed a spectacular day, then you too could be tickled to death ...
6) "I am tickled to death," she declared, watching her granddaughter collect the coveted trophy.
7) I finally got my 15 minutes of fame -- which I am just tickled to death about.
8) ... but spring quarter is already doing a bang-up job reminding me why I was tickled to death to start my freshman year at Stanford back in September.
9) "I hadn't planned any of it," she says, clearly still tickled to death at her unexpected success.
10) I want them to talk about college... I'm tickled to death that it happened.
11) ... but the beautiful concept art and spooky screenshot have me tickled to death.
12) Or were they just tickled to death and had a good laugh about it?
13) "Poetry is about what you feel," he told a cluster of kids tickled to death by his irreverence.
14) She seemed tickled to death to finally take the oath, having won her case in the Federal Court.
15) ... appointment as a positive development for the institution. "I was actually tickled to death," said ...
16) " ... times when we went to the zoo twice a day," she revealed, tickled to death and quipping that some of the animals began to recognise them.
17) In other words, bliss. I would be tickled to death if you would visit these bloggers and tell us of any amazing blogs we ...
18) ... was going to be very, very difficult, so I'm really just tickled to death that we're going to get this today.
19) ... contributing to the fundraising for construction of a riding arena. "We are tickled to death," said ...
20) ... who was the first female captain on the Great Lakes, said she's tickled to death to see another woman take on the role.