"time after time"
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I have not had a raise in over three years.
Colleague 2: Prepare your justifications and approach the boss to ask for a raise.
Colleague 1: I have been doing that every three months for the last two years. Time after time, the boss refuses.
Colleague 2: Keep trying.
A student and teacher are talking ...
Teacher: Where is your homework?
Student: My dog ate it. Sorry.
Teacher: Time after time, you have some excuse for not having done your homework. This has to stop. I will give you one last chance. The next time you do not do your homework, I will have no choice but to give you an F in the course.
There is no gerund form for time after time.
1) ... the best way for me to move on. I went back time after time to try and make this work. For my own dignity and respect ...
2) ... by hitting your head time after time after time it has been shown there are alterations in the brain.
3) Aspartame is one of the most-studied food additives ever. It's been shown, time after time, to be safe.
4) ... she walks the walk on these tough issues of sustainable development and she gets elected time after time.
5) ... brew a beer that wasn't just a fad but something that people could enjoy time after time and would have a significant impact.
6) Time after time he struggled through, but still the doctors warned that he might not ...
7) ... his plan between 20 and 30 times. "My original plan failed time after time after time," he said.
8) They will keep coming after you the same way, time after time after time; until you crack.
9) He will rarely make a mistake, fully expecting to hit fairways and greens time after time.
10) It is a flippant remark. Time after time he does not seem to think about what he is saying.
11) ... a 60 per cent return trade: what is it that attracts these people back time after time?
12) ... a family man who couldn't resist a pretty girl and risked his marriage time after time with various reckless affairs.
13) Constitutions were proclaimed periodically, only to be revoked, and independence was promised time after time until it was finally gained.
14) It's a really sociable thing too and we get people coming back time after time.
15) We refine, time after time. We have a strong collaboration, ...
16) ... back and they have mine. They have showed themselves to be loyal to me time after time. They have proven they are my sisters time and time again.
17) ... the nominees in this category should be delivering top-quality menus time after time.
18) ... tell you that there is nothing more frustrating that having these error messages pop up time after time when you just want to fight somebody online, ...
19) Time after time he just kept shaking his head. It was sort of surprising.
20) ... and the result is happy clients who want to return time after time.