"time heals all wounds"
emotional or physical distress and pain are naturally reduced with the simple passage of time
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I just contacted that supplier that we had a major disagreement with last year.
Colleague 2: Do you mean that supplier that we stopped doing business with because of the billing errors?
Colleague 1: Yes, that is the one. The account manager yelled and screamed at me and told me they would never do business with us again.
Colleague 2: I guess that old adage of time heals all wounds is not true.
Colleague 1: Not in this case. That manager was as angry as ever.
A mother and daughter are talking ...
Daughter: My life is over. I feel so sad and lonely. He broke my heart and I will never love again.
Mother: It is OK, sweetheart. Feeling terrible after a breakup is natural. Just remember that time heals all wounds. In a couple of months, this will all be a faded memory and you will be happy and ready for your next boyfriend.
Daughter: Thanks Mom.
There is no gerund form for time heals all wounds.
1) Despite being ditched at such short notice, 25 years later it appears time heals all wounds and Kiefer is still fond of Julia.
2) You bury those emotions. They say that time heals all wounds, but it doesn't. It just scabs over and gets scratched ...
3) Does time really heal all wounds? THEY say time heals all wounds. I disagree. Time alone is not enough to send grief away.
4) ... people power revolution has completely dissipated. It is not just because time heals all wounds. It is also because ...
5) Time heals all wounds, and I think everyone in the band realized that there was something ...
6) ... when communication had broken down irretrievably, I filed for divorce. Time heals all wounds, the saying goes, but four years on I was still experiencing ...
7) Ongoing therapy has helped me forget about one certain 6-0 result. Time heals all wounds and I can now watch ...
8) ... deeper issues. Possibly to the point of no return. People say time heals all wounds... I say time heals wounds but scars are left to remind you ...
9) But as time heals all wounds, things were getting better and refugees were finally settling in their newfound ...
10) It's said that time heals all wounds, but no one ever gets over the pain of losing a loved one.
11) I mean, I think that - you know, the idea that time heals all wounds is not really true. Our wounds aren't really ever healed.
12) Will I forgive? Eventually. Time heals all wounds, after all. Will I forget? Never.
13) But you know, time heals all wounds, and after seven years, I managed to get people speaking to ...
14) The pain of losing a parent is unimaginable. They say time heals all wounds but it never clears the memory.
15) As the saying goes, time heals all wounds, and I slowly bounced back over the years.
16) They say time heals all wounds, but I'm not sure I will ever forget.
17) ... haven't cried in almost a year and that says a lot. Time heals all wounds and slowly mine are being healed. Forgiving him was my biggest obstacle.
18) ... and it usually doesn't matter much anyways -- time heals all wounds, especially when it comes to public opinion.
19) He didn't deserve to go so soon. They say time heals all wounds, but the pain of losing you will never go away.
20) But the "time heals all wounds" philosophy doesn't work for serious trauma.