"time is a great healer"
emotional or physical distress and pain are naturally reduced with the simple passage of time
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I just contacted that supplier that we had a major disagreement with last year.
Colleague 2: Do you mean that supplier that we stopped doing business with because of the billing errors?
Colleague 1: Yes, that is the one. The account manager yelled and screamed at me and told me they would never do business with us again.
Colleague 2: I guess that old adage of time is a great healer is not true.
Colleague 1: Not in this case. That manager was as angry as ever.
A mother and daughter are talking ...
Daughter: My life is over. I feel so sad and lonely. He broke my heart and I will never love again.
Mother: It is OK, sweetheart. Feeling terrible after a breakup is natural. Just remember that time is a great healer. In a couple of months, this will all be a faded memory and you will be happy and ready for your next boyfriend.
Daughter: Thanks Mom.
There is no gerund form for time is a great healer.
1) Despite being ditched at such short notice, 25 years later it appears time is a great healer and Kiefer is still fond of Julia.
2) You bury those emotions. They say that time is a great healer, but it isn't. It just scabs over and gets scratched ...
3) Does time really heal all wounds? THEY say time is a great healer. I disagree. Time alone is not enough to send grief away.
4) ... people power revolution has completely dissipated. It is not just because time is a great healer. It is also because ...
5) Time is a great healer, and I think everyone in the band realized that there was something ...
6) ... when communication had broken down irretrievably, I filed for divorce. Time is a great healer, the saying goes, but four years on I was still experiencing ...
7) Ongoing therapy has helped me forget about one certain 6-0 result. Time is a great healer and I can now watch ...
8) ... deeper issues. Possibly to the point of no return. People say time is a great healer... I say time heals wounds but scars are left to remind you ...
9) But as time is a great healer, things were getting better and refugees were finally settling in their newfound ...
10) It's said that time is a great healer, but no one ever gets over the pain of losing a loved one.
11) I mean, I think that - you know, the idea that time is a great healer is not really true. Our wounds aren't really ever healed.
12) Will I forgive? Eventually. Time is a great healer, after all. Will I forget? Never.
13) But you know, time is a great healer, and after seven years, I managed to get people speaking to ...
14) The pain of losing a parent is unimaginable. They say time is a great healer but it never clears the memory.
15) As the saying goes, time is a great healer, and I slowly bounced back over the years.
16) They say time is a great healer, but I'm not sure I will ever forget.
17) ... haven't cried in almost a year and that says a lot. Time is a great healer and slowly mine are being healed. Forgiving him was my biggest obstacle.
18) ... and it usually doesn't matter much anyways -- time is a great healer, especially when it comes to public opinion.
19) He didn't deserve to go so soon. They say time is a great healer, but the pain of losing you will never go away.
20) But the "time is a great healer" philosophy doesn't work for serious trauma.