"time is on your side"
to have a lot of time, such that you do not have to hurry
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I can't seem to figure out how to get the main points across in this presentation.
Colleague 2: Keep working on it. Try rearranging the ideas. Put it away and look at it another time with fresh eyes. When do you need to have the presentation ready?
Colleague 1: Not for another three weeks yet.
Colleague 2: Then not to worry. Time is on your side.
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: When is your paper due?
Student 2: The day after tomorrow.
Student 1: Time is not on your side.
Student 2: Tell me about it. I feel the pressure.
There is no gerund form for time is on your side.
1) ... and at 24 still time is on his side to push for international recognition.
2) Time is on his side. He has the next three weeks to train hard with the squad and hopefully ...
3) ... is relatively young and time is on his side.
4) Time is on their side, so it's not time to start panicking yet.
5) With three days left, time is on their side and seem determined to grind out a big lead.
6) ... run into months or years - and with sick people, time is not on their side.
7) ... are just seven-year-olds and at least time is on their side.
8) ... want to keep their options open for a private secondary education. Time is on their side if they start saving when their child is born.
9) Our politicians seem to be sure time is on their side to further exploit and abuse our people before patience runs out.
10) Younger people feel that time is on their side and therefore, generally, a higher risk taking capacity.
11) Those who did the wrong things know that time is not on their side.
12) When you buy first, time is on your side. With no closing date for your current home looming over your head, ...
13) If time is on your side and would like to read a few books before you die, then a focus ...
14) When you're young, time is on your side, which means your savings will compound over time.
15) Compounding works in your favour when time is on your side. The longer you stay invested, the higher are the chances of earning good ...
16) ... it is a long way off, so time is on your side.
17) ... bring everyone to a workable resolution. Time is not on our side. The process is so fractured right now that ...
18) I don't think time is on our side so waiting two or three years or more is not an option.
19) It's only a budget that has been presented. Time is on our side and we will look into it carefully.
20) ... and decided not to take any risks. Time is not on his side.