"time marches on"
time continues to pass whether we are cognizant of, acknowledge or like the fact
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are you ready for your morning drive to work to become a nightmare again?
Colleague 2: Is the school term resuming again? Is it September already?
Colleague 1: Time marches on.
Colleague 2: I can't believe summer is over already.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How was your visit to your old hometown?
Friend 2: It was interesting but a little sad. The house I grew up in and the whole block where I lived have been demolished. There is a shopping center there now.
Friend 1: Time marches on and change is inevitable.
Friend 2: It is still kind of sad.
There is no gerund form for time marches on.
1) Nothing is ever the same. # Time marches on, and soon new generations, ...
2) ... say that time marches on no matter what, and that's part of the appeal of Extendicare.
3) You know, time marches on and sometimes you feel like it marches right across your face, but if ...
4) ... like free food for those who have to work late. # But as time marches on, it's become increasingly difficult to find fat to trim. Long-suffering shareholders ...
5) Unfortunately, as time marches on, we have lost a number of members to their own life changes, ...
6) 'What was on that site before these houses were built?' As time marches on most people will soon forget.
7) It was big news in the day, but as time marches on, it has become more of a historical event.
8) But time marches on, and room must be made for progress.
9) However, time marches on and things began to change.
10) As time marches on, more & more out-of-the-house working women are sharing in the financial running of ...
11) No doubt, time marches on, and not everything can or should stay the same.
12) But the Silverdome's demolition is just the latest bit of proof that time marches on.
13) As time marches on, devices get faster and better but that doesn't mean that ...
14) But time marches on and that march can be brutal if you're not adequately prepared.
15) ... the traffic lights change, seasons change, time marches on and we all get older despite ourselves.
16) The result is that we are falling further and further behind as time marches on.
17) How do we bring a comprehensive approach to this as time marches on and as people age and live longer?
18) That was four years ago now... and time marches on.
19) Time marches on and, inevitably, at some point the system will begin to slow down.
20) For with age comes wisdom, and though time marches on, surely it might be triumphant march, not one of defeat?