"to your face"
directly to you, without trying to hide anything or be kind
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Listen. I am just going to say this right to your face. I am sorry if it will offend or hurt you but you need to know.
Colleague 2: What is it?
Colleague 1: You have really bad breath and it is affecting your relationships in the office.
Colleague 2: I appreciate your candor, thank you. I was wondering why no one wanted to confer with me.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Well? Did you confront your husband after I told you I saw him gambling in the casino?
Friend 2: I did and he lied to my face. Even after all that trouble we went through to conquer his gambling addiction. He looked me straight in the eye and told me he wasn't gambling anymore.
Friend 1: What are you going to do?
Friend 2: I told him that I would leave him if he ever gambled again. I am just so upset.
There is no gerund form for to your face.
1) I've been told to my face that I don't have enough experience for a entry level job in that field.
2) ... volunteered for something just because I wanted to, and someone came straight to my face and said I'm an idiot for doing so, I'd slap him.
3) ... bad enough that people told tell me to my face that I sucked -- people even offered me money to stop playing at one gig.
4) I'll drive to Birmingham so you can try to tell that lie to my face. I seriously doubt you could.
5) ... in the convenience store would call me a "lazy welfare mother" to my face.
6) ... you the tough guy, throwing around insults you wouldn't say to my face.
7) If other guys feel threatened by it, they've never said anything to my face. Certainly my friends are not so shallow.
8) They know I'm a strong woman, so they never say anything to my face.
9) I was told to my face that my parents made too much money and I should get it from them.
10) When the neighbor kids would insult me, right to my face with my dad standing right there, my dad wouldn't do or say anything.
11) ... and he knows it but he'll lie to your face again and again and again.
12) These guys have the courage to tell you to your face that they lied about getting us into war, acted and continue to act illegally ...
13) That is why they can lie to your face, and pretend to be something they are not.
14) And if they do not say it to your face out of respect for your grief, they will very likely still be thinking it.
15) If this dude makes you feel creepy, SPEAK UP. Say it to his face, tell your boss, tell HR, tell his boss.
16) ... and I told him to his face that he was nothing more than a talentless hack who lucked out in being at ...
17) ... for ambushing him and then calling him, to his face, a "thief, liar and coward".
18) ... you should be able to tell her your concerns for her life to her face.
19) So I'd tell his mother, right to her face, that she is a shameless liar.
20) I lied, right to her face, time and time again.