"to toot your own horn"
to brag or boast about your accomplishments or achievements
Related words and phrases:
Johnny's bedroom had been a disaster until he decided to grab the bull by the horns and clean it up. There had been clothes and dirty dishes and papers everywhere. Now, Johnny's room is spic and span. It is clean as a whistle. Everything is organized. Johnny is feeling quite proud of himself for doing such a good job when his mother comes to his room. Johnny's mother's eyes open wide with astonishment. Johnny says...
"Not to toot my own horn but I sure did a good job in here."
Gary is an athlete. He is good looking with a fine physical form. He competes in iron man competitions. He has a great job and makes a lot of money. Unfortunately, Gary is not shy to boast about his life and looks and accomplishments.
Gary likes to toot his own horn.
Tooting your own horn can give the idea that you are arrogant.
1) Truth be told, and I'm happy to toot my own horn, this is the best blog.
2) Can I possibly top all of that? # I'm never one to toot my own horn.
3) Not to toot my own horn, but finding 100 good things about having cancer has been no easy task.
4) I'm not one to toot my own horn, but it was a brilliant show.
5) Seriously, I don't often toot my own horn but there's some really interesting stuff in there.
6) And I find it tough to toot my own horn because I don't like braggy people.
7) Not to toot my own horn and to prove the point, I have an IQ of 142.
8) I don't want to toot my own horn, but I think I have improved my communication skills.
9) Let me just say that I'm not writing this article to toot my own horn.
10) I am not trying to toot my own horn but I am the best thing that has happened to him in a long time.
11) I just couldn't let go of this chance to once again toot my own horn for scoring these awesome finds.
12) Some may argue that if you don't toot your own horn, nobody else will.
13) And by the way, you can go ahead and toot your own horn over here at my blog any time you like!
14) It can also be hard to see oneself clearly. It can be hard to toot your own horn.
15) If you want to, you can " toot your own horn " in your LinkedIn account to get the best results.
16) Ultimately, promotion is hard. Some people will find it easier to toot their own horn than others.
17) The more they toot their own horn, the less likely they are to be awesome.
18) So many associations don't do enough to toot their own horn.
19) One thing I suggest, particularly for introverts who don't toot their own horn, is to send your manager a quarterly email.
20) They know how to toot their own horn, all right, and they are quite effective at doing so.