"to toot your own whistle"
to brag or boast about your accomplishments or achievements
Related words and phrases:
Johnny's bedroom had been a disaster until he decided to grab the bull by the horns and clean it up. There had been clothes and dirty dishes and papers everywhere. Now, Johnny's room is spic and span. It is clean as a whistle. Everything is organized. Johnny is feeling quite proud of himself for doing such a good job when his mother comes to his room. Johnny's mother's eyes open wide with astonishment. Johnny says...
"Not to toot my own whistle but I sure did a good job in here."
Gary is an athlete. He is good looking with a fine physical form. He competes in iron man competitions. He has a great job and makes a lot of money. Unfortunately, Gary is not shy to boast about his life and looks and accomplishments.
"Gary likes to toot his own whistle."
Tooting your own whistle can give the idea that you are arrogant.
1) I toot my own whistle when I feel proud of my performance.
2) Does he toot his own whistle when he finishes a difficult task?
3) You toot your own whistle when you wish to draw attention to yourself.
4) She toots her own whistle because she is arrogant.
5) The advertising company toots its own whistle all the time.
6) We toot our own whistles because we like to brag.
7) You (all) toot your own whistles when you (all) win the competitions.
8) They toot their own whistles as a way to advertise their products.
9) Is he tooting his own whistle as we speak?
10) Has he tooted his own whistle a few times in the past?
11) She has been tooting her own whistle all day.
12) Have we been tooting our own whistles ever since we won the last game?
13) The advertising company has been tooting its own whistle for weeks.
14) Has the advertising company tooted its own whistle many times?
15) I was tooting my own whistle when disaster struck.
16) She was tooting her own whistle when she talked to her teacher about her successful homework.
17) The advertising company was tooting its own whistle during the launch of the new campaign.
18) We were tooting our own whistles when we won the game.
19) You (all) were tooting your own whistles until the boss fired you (all).
20) They were tooting their own whistles all day yesterday.