"to touch base"
to briefly confer with someone
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are you ready to sit down and talk about our project?
Colleague 2: I have got a few details that I am still working on. Let's touch base later in the week.
Colleague 1: Sounds good. I'll check in with you on Thursday. We can chat for a couple of minutes.
Colleague 2: OK. I should have a better idea of what is going on by then.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I wonder how Andrea is doing on her trip.
Friend 2: You haven't heard from her?
Friend 1: She hasn't touched base in over a week.
Friend 2: Weren't you getting a quick email or phone call every couple of days?
Friend 1: Yes. Andrea contacted me regularly until last week.
Friend 2: Should we be worried?
Friend 1: Not yet. She could just be in a remote location without internet or phones.
Touching base with a distant colleague on a regular basis keeps the channels of communication open.
1) Christmas is an opportune time to touch base with loved ones and relatives.
2) ... parent to attend meetings during the year. # This is where parents can touch base with teachers and also compare notes with other parents.
3) And sending a card is the perfect way to touch base with co-workers, friends and loved ones who you don't have time ...
4) ... with a person who will meet with me once a month and we touch base.
5) ... advised farmers to touch base with family and neighbours during their work throughout the day.
6) A pricey purchase emerged as the most likely reason why we would touch base with our insurer.
7) ... we touch base three times a week. We have standing meetings; I'll review what we ...
8) ... and so it feels important to me to touch base and connect with my people.
9) ... provided an opportunity for our local contracts manager to get on the ground and touch base with our contractors and offer our support.
10) ... your offer of help right now. Ask if they'd mind if you touch base with them in a week or two.
11) The fact that he did touch base to let me know he was watching gave me that bit of encouragement that I ...
12) I believe the doctors did touch base with both of them and I believe they were OK.
13) After breakfast I call a number of owners to touch base and give them an update on their horse's chances.
14) The awards are a great opportunity to touch base, network and celebrate that ...
15) ... but it's also a good opportunity for them to touch base and catch up with each other.
16) I touched base recently with the charming, down-to-earth mezzo-soprano to talk about fame, success and the ...
17) I touched base with a number of political players to exchange ideas.
18) The manager has touched base with the player and I think he is due to try meet up in the ...
19) I touched base with Karl on Facebook.
20) He touched base with now co-founder and best friend Amber Neil to float the idea.