"to touch up"
to improve by making minor corrections, changes, or additions
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Have you got that report ready to go?
Colleague 2: I just need to touch it up a little.
Colleague 1: But the bulk of the report is ready?
Colleague 2: Absolutely. I just need to make a couple of minor changes and improvements, things like putting the headings in bold and checking fonts.
A couple are talking ...
Husband: Are you ready to go yet?
Wife: I'm dressed and my hair is done. I just need to touch up my makeup.
Husband: We are already late. How long is that going to take.
Wife: Five minutes. It is just a couple of light dabs here and there.
Touching up her makeup before her big date, the woman used a little mascara.
1) ... need are your cards, cash, wedding invitation and maybe your powder compact to touch up on your makeup during the day.
2) ... but if I drop by Penang again, I'll touch up my artwork.
3) ... it has a futuristic design that just needs touch up to meet standards of the modern day.
4) ... service team then went to site to touch up all the steel plates for a neat and tidy finish.
5) Maybe they can go to the job interview and touch up your LinkedIn profile as well.
6) So, I am simply touching up the same article and sharing
7) Use all over as a lovely foundation, or in areas that need touching up. You can use darker and lighter shades to contour and highlight.
8) I just didn't want to be touching up my grey roots all the time so I just quit.
9) We're now doing some touching up works on the building and can start operating any time after that.
10) Everything that is required is in the charge sheet. It may need touching up but there is enough there to plead to (the charges).
11) Has the property been freshly painted or touched up? Are the sellers hiding any problems such as water leaks?
12) ... and I'm happy that we won but our defence needs to be touched up a little bit.
13) ... very old, and needs to be touched up on a regular basis.
14) Bike lanes on the south side of the bridge will also be touched up. Weeds also need to be removed from the bridge's sidewalks and retaining ...
15) The pictures aren't photoshopped, or touched up. They are raw! You can see every line, every pore, ...
16) Three to six people work on my hair and makeup, while a professional touches up my nails.
17) ... pops some moisturiser on top of her make-up, touches up her look and is good to go.
18) The phone touches up selfies by placing the viewfinder on a white background, and images appear a ...
19) ... touches up different kinds of food and the menu changes every now and then.
20) Rather than going for all over coverage, the beauty expert simply touches up her skin to make sure it looks as fresh as possible.