"tricks of the trade"
special skills and knowledge that help do a job better or faster
Related words and phrases:
Two photographers are talking ...
Photographer 1: I don't understand how you can produce a finished product so quickly. I spend hours and hours working on the computer to get an image just right.
Photographer 2: I suppose I have learned a few tricks of the trade along the way.
Photographer 1: For example?
Photographer 2: Well, first, never start a photo project with a bad image. Make sure the image is one that can be processed reasonably easily and quickly. Always use a good image to start with and the work flow will go much more quickly.
A father and son are talking ...
Father: I managed to get you a summer job with your uncle.
Son: But I don't know anything about roofing.
Father: You uncle will show you the tricks of the trade. You could learn to open your own roofing business.
Son: It would be good to have a leg up, thanks.
There is no gerund form for tricks of the trade.
1) ... often form bonds with a larger male, tagging along with him, learning the tricks of the trade somewhat like an apprentice.
2) A big part of being a chef is passing on knowledge and tricks of the trade, and giving your team the opportunity to grow.
3) ... great team needs that mix, because the veterans can teach the younger players the tricks of the trade.
4) And if you want more, there is mixology classes too to learn the tricks of the trade from the masters themselves.
5) ... council for 22 years. So, we must assume that he knows the 'tricks of the trade'
6) ... that emotionally intelligent people engage in that make them so persuasive. Here are the tricks of the trade that exceptionally persuasive people use to their advantage: 1. ...
7) ... the avoidance of doubt, the whole process is a sham. They will use tricks of the trade like for example record your complaint wrongly so you have no appeal ...
8) Her mother was a fortuneteller and passed down the tricks of the trade, allowing Alice to put on an extravagant sideshow for clients who ...
9) This empowering workshop teaches the tricks of the trade for designing memorable, high impact characters.
10) Joining a club, for gardening greenhorns, is the best way to learn the tricks of the trade.
11) He told them that he was there to learn the tricks of the trade and would eventually return home to start his own toothpaste manufacturing company.
12) He credits his brother and father for teaching him the tricks of the trade. "I was born and raised in the shop".
13) You know, it's just little tricks of the trade, little stuff that the pros use to get a little edge.
14) ... was far more complex than he ever imagined and was learning the tricks of the trade of producing a film.
15) She learned the tricks of the trade from another stall holder, and they soon became garage sale buddies.
16) Despite your motivation, it is always a plus to know some of the insider tricks of the trade.
17) His career expands to nearly five decades and he knows all the tricks of the trade.
18) Yet, as he started picking up tricks of the trade, Robert chose to begin fiddling with binary trading himself while still ...
19) Luckily, a veteran cart boy took me under his wings and showed me the tricks of the trade. Before long I was flying across the parking lot on flat ...
20) ... soon to serve as engineering school for his employees and others to acquire the tricks of the trade.