"to tuck your tail between your legs"
to feel shame and embarrassment
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Why has Arthur got his tail tucked between his legs?
Colleague 2: He was caught taking Friday afternoon off without permission and the boss just chastised him.
Colleague 1: How embarrassing.
Two friends are berating a third friend ...
Friend 1: You're not wanted here. You never help with the work and you never pay your fair share. Get out.
Friend 2: Ya. Tuck your tail between your legs and leave!
Tucking his tail between his legs, he walked with head hanging low through the office after being fired by the boss.
1) One's to tuck your tail between your legs and walk out of there with your head down or toughen up, suck it up and go find a way to get a win ...
2) After that first inning, it would have been easy for our guys to tuck their tail between their legs and roll over.
3) Yes, he won the state where he is currently governor, so he didn't have to immediately tuck his tail between his legs like Yung Marco.
4) Or will he tuck his tail between his legs and try to mend a fractured relationship by returning to the AHL?
5) You tuck your little tail between your legs and you run away, where running away is here defined as not giving him a paid job writing comics for ...
6) No, I really didn't and I don't see where I complained about anything. Just tuck your tail back between your legs and deal with being called out.
7) And if your reading the news today, as I told you, your country would tuck its tail between its legs and do exactly nothing.
8) When you have adversity in your life you tuck your tail in between your legs and complain. Once your broke you stay that way.
9) Subsequently, Ryan was forced to tuck his tail between his legs and apologize on Twitter, also stating that he personally apologized to Jackson ...
10) You can either fold it in, tuck your tail between your legs, or you can fight out of it.
11) Rather than tuck their tail in between their legs Woodlan tenaciously battled back to win their first regional title since 1988.
12) When punished, they tuck their tail between their legs, and run to the casita.
13) Just build it yourself and quit holding the taxpayers hostage. Otherwise, tuck your tail between your legs and get the hell out of here.
14) ... but the minute that the PLAN starts to respond aggressively the DC leadership decides to tuck its tail between its legs and backs off?
15) Right now we advise him to tuck in his tail between his legs and shut up as far as the operations of these organizations are concerned.
16) You can't and won't do it. So, tuck your cowardly tail between your legs; curl up with your latest issue of Dibaq; and hope the Government takes ...
17) Drake Bell, 28, has finally decided to tuck his tail between his legs and apologize to Caitlyn Jenner, 65, for the “insensitive” comments, which ...
18) They are presenting me as a heel, so I'm not gonna just tuck my tail between my legs and thank you sirs if they say no, I'm gonna go off.
19) Rather than resign, tuck his tail between his legs and keep his mouth shut, Courser took to Facebook over the weekend. In a lengthy, rambling ...
20) Even a cur would tuck its tail between its legs and skulk off silently if caught in this humiliation.