"to turn around and leave"
to abruptly leave a place after staying only a short time
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are entering a restaurant ...
Friend 1: Are we on time for our reservation?
Friend 2: Who cares. Look at this place. The floor is filthy. It smells bad and there are no customers. We're leaving.
Friend 1: Just like that? We're going to turn around and leave without saying anything?
Friend 2: Let's go.
A couple are talking ...
Husband: So much for our day trip to the beach. We spent most of the day driving.
Wife: I'm sorry I didn't read the map correctly.
Husband: Now we have to turn around and leave without enjoying the beach if we want to get home before dark.
Turning around and leaving can be considered a little rude.
1) They then catch their breath, turn around and leave, as the Summit closes at 2pm daily.
2) I agree with KB, who says to turn around and leave if you are not satisfied, but you should complain to the manager first.
3) ... they gasp imaging the possibilities and when it gets too much they turn around and leave.
4) ... so that any vehicle which does not comply with the regulations can turn around and leave London without being penalized.
5) And then, apparently, she would just turn around and leave without checking up on Eli to see if he was alright.
6) ... shake their head, and move off. Some even just turn around and leave right away.
7) ... design decides whether customers clicking through to your site are going to turn around and leave straight away, or travel through your website and out the other side with the ...
8) ... you're around someone negative... all you want to do is turn around and leave.
9) If your site is ugly or confusing, visitors will just turn around and leave.
10) Pretty damn disturbing isn't it? You'd want to turn around and leave wouldn't you?
11) ... also shooting to ensure they had our attention, ordered us to turn around and leave Hobyo immediately.
12) ... be mowed or is cluttered up with junk will make the buyers turn around and leave.
13) ... have one chance to make a good first impression. Once people turn around and leave, they are never going to come back.
14) After driving all this way, it seems a shame to turn around and leave.
15) ... inhabiting of two contrary movements inside me, one urging me to turn around and leave the store, the other impelling me forward.
16) ... begged me to marry him over and over again, not leave him, then turned around and left me. He didn't talk to me for weeks ...
17) But when he saw that I was watching he turned around and left the room.
18) ... if he turned around and left tomorrow, I'd be a lot more upset, because he ...
19) ... with my home on my back and they didn't want me there. I turned around and left.
20) The doctor watched, shocked and confused, as she turned around and left the room silently, staring blankly at the ground.