"to turn over in your grave"
so shocking, displeasing or horrifying that a dead person would reanimate in their grave
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I can't believe how this company's product quality has declined so drastically since the founder died.
Colleague 2: I agree. It is appalling. Where once a product would last in excess of ten years, now a consumer is lucky to get two year's service.
Colleague 1: I am sure the company's founder is turning over in his grave.
Three cousins are talking ...
Cousin 1: Grandma said I could have this vase.
Cousin 2: No. She said it was mine. She told me when I turned eighteen.
Cousin 1: You are lying. You are such a liar.
Cousin 2: Well, you are a cheat.
Cousin 3: Stop! Can you hear yourselves fighting over Grandma's possessions? She would be turning over in her grave.
Turning over in his grave would be the result of selling grandfather's woodworking tools.
1) ... said Dr King would be "turning over in his grave" if he knew his likeness had been conceived by someone living under a Communist ...
2) ... sure some lute player from the Middle Ages would be turning over in his grave if he knew that both Joe and Coldplay stole his song.
3) ... who toiled on his land during his lifetime, must be turning over in his grave.
4) ... his grandfather must now be dizzy from turning over in his grave... the apple has fallen very far from the tree.
5) ... money exchanged hands for these endorsements? Jerry Falwell is turning over in his grave, and God is waiting for Billy's explanation!
6) President Reagan, God Bless Him, must be turning over in his Grave this Sunday Morning.
7) Webster must be turning over in his grave. If he could have any say in this, he would definitely speak against ...
8) I suppose this was inevitable. Alfred Nobel is turning over in his grave and the Nobel Prize itself has become a sick joke.
9) ... but I cant help but think Steve Jobs is turning over in his grave right now over this crap-tastraphy.
10) This album will tank! Michael Jackson is turning over in his grave as this song plays!
11) ... was right on the mark but I am sure he is turning over in his grave looking at what has happened to the freedom he fought for so dearly.
12) ... and good riddance... my Great Grand Uncle would turn over in his grave the way political parties behave to-day. Labour is an absolute disgrace.
13) ... very thinly disguised by Communist Party moral-speak. Mao would turn over in his grave - the continuing impoverishment of so many, the ostentatious wealth of a growing elite ...
14) ... daughter of an accountant... my father would turn over in his grave if he thought I supported tax evasion.
15) Rothbard would also turn over in his grave at the prospect of "libertarians" supporting feminism.
16) ... same rich and famous (mostly white) patrons would be turning over in their graves if they could have seen the many dreadlocks, Rastas, and the multi-ethnic contingent ...
17) The founding fathers must be turning over in their graves! And our Constitution takes a severe beating whenever a ...
18) Our Founding Fathers must be turning over in their Graves.... God Help us All. Get your butts out and vote this coming election.
19) ... the religion of the Albanians "patriots?" who would turn over in their graves when they see the accomplishments of the garbage they have for desendants.
20) She calmly announced that her parents would turn over in their graves to know their children had been scattered like that.