"to turn the air blue"
to swear (use very rude words) a lot, usually in a very loud voice
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Did you see Arthur the other day when his computer started malfunctioning?
Colleague 2: He sure got upset. And the foul words coming from his mouth were beyond belief, especially in the workplace.
Colleague 1: I thought the air would turn blue.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Can you believe the guests on this talk show?
Friend 2: I wouldn't have thought that sort of language was allowed on network television.
Friend 1: They are certainly turning the air blue.
Turning the air blue with your cussing would certainly demonstrate your anger.
1) ... podium is treading a fine line between keeping their comments clean and turning the air blue.
2) Hardly surprising that those in favor of turning the air blue can relate so well to semi-senile unmoderated outbursts of bigoted ancestors.
3) ... where viewers were treated to the regular occurrence of then-manager Peter Reid turning the air blue with his half-time team-talks leaving him with a reputation that he's found hard to ...
4) Whether it was cyclist Jody Cundy turning the air blue with rage after he was disqualified or Oscar Pistorius being a sore loser in the ...
5) even though I'm not proud of snapping at him and turning the air blue, how I've held my temper and tongue this long is a miracle considering ...
6) After turning the air blue I had to fish on, despite the lost fish there had to be more ...
7) ... you sitting on your computer and just turning the air blue about it is not going to get the problem resolved.
8) Close by two gobby female squaddies are turning the air blue with quite possibly the highest number of swear words it is plausible to fit into ...
9) ... reason is that he's always been a clean comic; no turning the air blue like so many others do.
10) ... seen frantically digging about in the pot with his ladle while turning the air blue with colourful language and spraying copious quantities of saliva from his naked gums.
11) ... the Manchester City play-maker turned the air blue by aiming an angry tirade at the waiting press.
12) ... coach Pete DeBoer stood and turned the air blue for a few seconds -- not a lot of complete sentences, and not a ...
13) But it was the 14-time Major winner who turned the air blue earlier in the day as his frustrations boiled over.
14) The goalkeeper was caught on camera as he turned the air blue, attacking Aly Cissokho's lack of passion in particular.
15) ... not subscribe to their "petty and vested interests" they turn the air blue with insinuations and declamatory aggression.
16) I pretty much turn the air blue in some of my games and never got banned.
17) Nothing ruins a great Revlon #10 red like language that turns the air blue.
18) ... there were similar moments the air turned blue as I cursed in frustration.
19) It is hardly a surprise that the air turned blue in the Chelsea dressing room.
20) My boss was so angry that the air turned blue with his over-the-top cussing.