"to turn your life around"
to change your life completely, from a bad lifestyle to a good lifestyle
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I saw Alice the other day.
Friend 2: How did that go? The last time I saw Alice, she was twenty pounds underweight, living on the street and using heroine.
Friend 1: Alice has turned her life around completely. Now she looks amazing and is a partner at a law firm.
Friend 2: Good for Alice. Who would have thought it was possible?
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Late again?
Colleague 2: Ya, I was out drinking and partying until three o'clock this morning.
Colleague 1: You are consistently late and your work performance is declining drastically. If you don't turn your life around, you will probably lose your job.
Colleague 2: Whatever! My life is fine the way it is. I am having fun.
Turning your life around can mean a radical change in diet, exercise, drinking habits and general lifestyle.
1) A 15-year-old girl who admitted charges of assault and wounding has been released from custody and given a last chance to turn her life around ...
2) ... he sobered up after going through a drug rehabilitation programme and, after national service, he was determined to turn his life around.
3) The gold medalist has since vowed to turn her life around. Chantelle Newbery. Photo: 7 News. Ms Newbery's fall from grace splashed into ...
4) A teenager hunted down and killed by four gang members was “robbed of the chance to turn his life around”, his family said today.
5) Vera began to turn his life around, seeking peer tutoring and improving his grades, she said. He also began taking a dual-credit course in ...
6) Miss Bradbury's parents - Dr Amanda Chivers and Eric Bradbury - told the court their daughter had been working hard to turn her life around ...
7) Having slipped into a lull where he found his lifestyle becoming increasingly unhealthy he said he felt he had to turn his life around.
8) Jane relies on the support from iHuman as she waits for the year-long program, which she hopes will turn her life around.
9) Prior to being sentenced, Roasting read out a two-page letter of apology in which he said he hopes to turn his life around.
10) The dairy farm worker's lawyer, John Black, told the court Smith no longer had a chequebook and was trying to turn her life around.
11) But Betts also speaks about how he turned his life around, how he emerged from those times and is now a mentor for other indigenous youth, ...
12) Pastor at Saddleback Church turned his life around while serving 25-to-life terms for double murder.
13) Lucy Cavendish has turned her life around through therapy and is training to be a therapist herself.
14) He turned his life around. He made a vow never to harm another hair on a child's head.
15) Prosecutors conceded that the defendant had “really turned his life around,” after beating a heroine addiction he developed in prison, and ...
16) A former prostitute has told how she is turning her life around with the support of a Swindon charity.
17) ... your mid-twenties wandering around off your head on drugs, and you're drooling, then what chance have you got in turning your life around?
18) And most of the youth around there were stealing cars, carrying guns, [and] fighting." Now 22, Kyles is committed to turning his life around.
19) ... Lolita Mitchell spoke about the role that N Street Village played in turning her life around. In speaking about her personal journey of recovery, ...
20) A young man stabbed to death by a masked knifeman in a busy shopping street was turning his life around after a childhood scarred by gang ...