"to twist your rubber arm"
very little or no coercion is necessary to convince someone to do something
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking on a Friday afternoon ...
Colleague 1: It's really slow this afternoon. Let's take the rest of the day off and go golfing.
Colleague 2: We have been working really hard lately. We deserve a reward. OK. Twist my rubber arm. Let's go.
Colleague 1: Great. I didn't think it would take much to convince you.
Some friends are attending a dinner party ...
Host: Have some more wine.
Guest: It is really delicious and goes so well with this dessert but I am not sure I should have more.
Hostess (to the Host): Go ahead and twist her rubber arm.
Host: I haven't been drinking and I will drive you home. Are you sure you wouldn't like more wine?
Guest: OK. Thanks. Another small glass would be lovely.
Twisting your friends rubber arm to go out for a night of fun is easy.
1) The answer was a resounding yes from my new found friends who also twisted my rubber arm as we carted towards the dessert trays.
2) It didn't take much to twist Germain's rubber arm and, eventually, he became the chairperson of a group hellbent on making ...
3) In other words, “Please, twist my rubber arm”. Intellectual pliancy is clearly far more important than intellectual clarity, in a politician.
4) As she said of herself wryly once, “Twist my rubber arm.” The last thing she remembers about the night is dancing under the club lights.
5) Just the suggestion of escorting her half way was enough to twist my travel rubber arm . . . totally justifiable, a selfless act of kindness even!
6) Twist my rubber arm to watch Days of Thunder again ;).
7) What a great deal! Twist my rubber arm! Last thing, I promise.
8) I have a good friend that has her own cake business and she is willing to teach me and my sis if we bring the wine!!!!!! Twist my rubber arm she ...
9) And it doesn't take much to twist my rubber arm and soak in the sun and flavours of this beautiful country!
10) Always up for a challenge, and you know, someone has to take on these sponsored posts to show you, I said yes. Twist my (rubber) arm.
11) Our wine expert had to twist our rubber arm to convince us to drink more wine in 2016.
12) You'll also learn different ways to keep headstrong when someone is trying to twist your rubber arm!
13) With beers & burgers consumed we opted for a walk around the local area. It wasn't long before the birthday girl twisted my rubber arm to visit another of SF's ...
14) It took my friend all of three seconds to twist my rubber arm – and the next thing I knew, I was sitting in a local language school being told why the accents aren't ...
15) No need to twist this rubber arm. I'll go skiing.
16) I joined a few groups, and have somehow (twist my rubber arm) been drawn into helping out with one group's organisation.
17) I have to twist your rubber arm to get here, right? It's a candy kitchen people.
18) My evil drinking partner friend often attempted to twist my rubber arm into another bottle.
19) “I really want to redecorate my room!” she exclaimed. Um. Hello! How excited was I to hear THAT?!? So, with a twist of my rubber arm, off we went.
20) I didn't need to twist her rubber arm to go shoe shopping.