"until you are blue in the face"
there is no point in repetitively doing something because you will not be successful or change the outcome
Related words and phrases:
Two parents are talking about their daughter Brenda ...
Mother: What are we going to do about Brenda? She is about to graduate high school and is absolutely convinced that she wants to take a year off before starting college.
Father: What can we do? We have talked and talked to her until we are blue in the face and she is not going to change her mind. She wants to play music.
Mother: I suppose we just have to accept it.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: What are you up to?
Friend 2: I'm trying to get my computer going? I've been restarting it over and over about a hundred times.
Friend 1: Oh, ya. I took a look at your computer this morning. The hard drive is fried. You can restart it until you're blue in the face. It's not ever going to work again.
There is no gerund form for until you are blue in the face.
1) ... insurance and added security costs. Linode can put in disclaimers until they are blue in the face. Obviously they have made an effort to disclaim liability for service
2) You can leave requests by calling or writing the VA until you are blue in the face and never will any member from the Chicago VA Regional Office call.
3) I can argue with someone until I am blue in the face, but that will not change their heart.
4) You can mock up web designs in Photoshop until you're blue in the face, but Elliot is right: there's a fundamental disconnect between ...
5) We can argue about the controversy of obesity until we are blue in the face, but at the end of the day, this woman was ...
6) ... you disagree with the terms, you can speak with the servicer until you are blue in the face, but the servicer can not and will not budge.
7) You can warn them all you want until you are blue in the face, but until they get burned they just won't understand why ...
8) Fluke can argue until she is blue in the face, but the simple fact is that the purpose of contraception is ...
9) You, and other denialists, can repeat this lie until you're blue in the face, won't make it true.
10) For example, You can argue until you're blue in the face, but I refuse to go.
11) Tom has explained the science of her disease until he is blue in the face. To her, though, it just sounds... fantastical.
12) ... also an attorney, is prone to the same thing. Analyze until she's blue in the face and still can't see the simple truth.
13) You can file abuse complaints and DMCA complaints until you are blue in the face, but it won't help with that.
14) We can talk about a lot of this stuff till we're blue in the face, but it probably won't help anyone very much.
15) He will talk about the importance of measurement until he's blue in the face, but he recognizes that none of that means anything without the ...
16) ... experiences aside from your own so I can tell you about mine until I'm blue in the face, but it won't matter to you.
17) Microsoft employees, can complain to the folks producing the software 'til we're blue in the face, but often real changes aren't made until real customers ...
18) You have zero credibility so you can argue until you are blue in the face and it won't do you a bit of good.
19) I think you can all talk until you're blue in the face but you will NOT convince each other.
20) I've been asking people in private till I'm blue in the face and nobody wants to do something with this.