"to be up to somebody"
to be someone's responsibility to make a decision or do something
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I'm not sure when to start the new advertising campaign.
Colleague 2: Are all the components ready to go? Have you studied the data regarding seasonal variation?
Colleague 1: All is ready. I'm just having a difficult time deciding.
Colleague 2: Well, ultimately the decision is up to you. It's your responsibility.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Where do you want to go for lunch?
Friend 2: I don't really care. Anywhere is fine with me. I'll leave you with the responsibility to choose.
Friend 1: Why is it always up to me to decide?
Friend 2: Because you like to be in control.
Being up to you means you must make the decision.
1) When you're traveling for business and the location for lunch is up to you, where you decide to eat can be just as vital as what ...
2) It's up to you to find that information and use it to protect your investment dollars.
3) Reserving your rights is entirely up to you.
4) It's up to you to give animals like P2 a name and a home.
5) The amount of time you spend on them is up to you.
6) It's up to you to make it happen. Hustle my friends.
7) Of course, it's entirely up to you which way you go.
8) It's not up to me to say whether I'm worth 40 million euro or not.
9) As I stated before, my contracting company says that it is up to me to find out the status.
10) If it was up to me, I would have fired you in a second.
11) Once the child is a man, it's up to him.
12) What he does with it and when he does it is up to him.
13) It will be up to him to be the one constant from 2012 that survives into 2013.
14) It's up to us the put the proletariat first and wake up the masses from their slumber.
15) It is up to us, as societies and individuals, to decide what constitutes ethical and moral behavior.
16) I leave it up to her decision making process.
17) Monica's father disappears and it's up to her to track him down!
18) It should also be left up to her to figure out what size a family she can handle.
19) In the end it is up to you to decide which style manual to follow and then be consistent.
20) We leave the choice up to you.