"to wait out"
to wait until something ends
Related words and phrases:
Two strangers are chatting as they wait in a long line-up ...
Stranger 1: This sure is a long line.
Stranger 2: Yes, and it's moving very slowly, too.
Stranger 1: I wonder if there's anything we can do to speed it up.
Stranger 2: I think we just have to wait it out.
Stranger 1: I suppose patience is the key here.
A mother and son and sitting in a doctor's waiting room ...
Son: It hurts, Mom.
Mother: Well son, I suppose you shouldn't have done such a foolish thing.
Son: Is it our turn to see the doctor now?
Mother: Sorry, you're just going to have to wait out the pain until it's your turn.
Waiting out a storm on shore is a good idea before travelling by boat again.
1) They had us wait it out, to see if it worsened or she developed a fever.
2) Most of my officer friends say to get a job locally and wait it out while the economy recovers.
3) I'll wait it out a bit longer and see how it goes!
4) Every guy that kisses us doesn't always want what we want. Just wait it out and go on with your fabulous life in the meantime.
5) Sometimes it makes more sense to wait it out than confront the situation head on.
6) By waiting it out a deal will seldom get worse.
7) I'm waiting it out to see what happens with the iPad mini.
8) I've learned patience, to wait things out, to be patient with others and to be patient with myself.
9) China's main defense against invaders has been to wear them down and wait them out.
10) If they get mad, you will just have to wait them out.
11) The employees quickly learn to go to the meetings, nod their heads, and wait them out.
12) They're trying to wait us out as long as they can until we crumble.
13) The rich have time on their side; they are prepared to wait us out.
14) You can wait him out for many years and not sell the house.
15) To get him we were going to have be in a blind and wait him out.
16) If anyone on the NHLPA really believes they are well served by waiting this out, they are sorely mistaken and it's a huge miscalculation.
17) Instead of just waiting things out, why not devote February to self-improvement?
18) Instead of just waiting things out, you can always create a sense of urgency to close the deal.
19) I guess I've given up, just kind of waiting things out.
20) I'm content to simply wait you out.