"to walk out on someone"
to abandon or desert someone;
to suddenly leave your husband, wife, or partner and end your relationship with them
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Where's Norbert?
Colleague 2: He walked out on us.
Colleague 1: Seriously? He quit his job without notice?
Colleague 2: Yes. He just picked up his personal effects and wished us luck with our emergency situation and left.
Colleague 1: But Norbert was an integral part of the team. There are some functions that no one else knows how to do. How could he leave us in the lurch like that?
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Why is there a "for sale" sign on your front lawn?
Friend 2: My husband has walked out on us. He just packed his things and left. There is no way that I can financially support this house.
Friend 1: Is your husband not making spousal support payments?
Friend 2: No, and the court system is moving too slowly. Besides, I have not heard from him since he left and no one we know even knows where he is. He has quit his job. We are left stranded.
Walking out on your wife and family is a terrible thing to do.
1) It's not surprising that the audience walked out on him and that his career took a crippling hit.
2) My Catholic Sicilian father had walked out on my mom when she was 19 and eight months pregnant with me.
3) My husband simply walked out on me 2 months ago. He was selfish, immature and sometimes emotionally ...
4) After months of denying his affair he walked out on us. He now has no relationship with the kids who are now ...
5) my husband of 10 years started an out of the blue affair... He walked out on me leaving me and our 3 beautiful children without looking back.
6) ... following an argument with McCartney over the drum part for this song, Ringo walked out on The Beatles. He flew to Sardinia for a holiday to consider his ...
7) The way Jessica walked out on their marriage was pretty cold. She just kind of blindsided the poor ...
8) Jean, another client, described how her boyfriend of three years just walked out on what seemed to her a perfect relationship.
9) My daughter's father walked out on me when I was 2 months pregnant. I have not seen him since.
10) She had been written up and she walked out on work... because she was upset.
11) ... escape through the fantasy and adventure of an adulterous affair and eventually the courage to walk out on her abusive husband and only child.
12) Be strong because everyone is down on you and they'll walk out on you. Try not to let division overwhelm your trust.
13) Simply refuse to pay for any of these high-profit items and threaten to walk out on the deal if they're insisted upon. Buying a costly service contract ...
14) The bad jobs you take temporarily aren't so bad when you know you could walk out on any given day and survive.
15) Nobody likes what's going on, and maybe they should just walk out on their work.
16) It was the biggest regret of my life walking out on my family.
17) Across the country men are the worst culprits with nearly a fifth admitting to walking out on a date because they did not like what the woman was wearing.
18) Perhaps then they will think twice before walking out on a marriage because they get the house and a nice little income for ...
19) You can separate simply by walking out on your spouse, or by agreement. You do not need to make ...
20) ... person and your patients is pushed to the limit. Sometimes you feel like just walking out on them because the stress and trying to deal with the mood swings becomes ...