"to watch over"
to protect and feel responsible for the care of someone or something
Related words and phrases:
A farmer is talking to his daughter ...
Farmer: How is your calf doing?
Daughter: She seems to be doing well but she was just born this morning.
Farmer: Will you take care of her?
Daughter: I think I will watch over her for a couple of days just to make sure that everything is OK.
Two supervisors are talking ...
Supervisor 1: How are your new brick makers doing?
Supervisor 2: They are working very well but I need to make sure that they keep up production.
Supervisor 1: Then I suppose that you should watch over them for a while.
Supervisor 2: I will keep an eye on them for a couple of days.
Watching over your children when they are sick is only natural.
Watching over new employees until they become proficient is a good idea.
1) We must all watch over our children.
2) They are not all-powerful, or all-knowing, and certainly do not watch over us constantly.
3) As instructors watch over and guide the simulation, the girls gently tug at a baby doll.
4) Most royals in David Weber' s Safehold books are competent leaders who watch over their lands to the best of their ability.
5) We can't just hire your neighborhood security firm to watch over this.
6) For the next two days and nights, they took turns keeping watch over Solanki in two-hour shifts.
7) Renowned business builders carefully watch over their employees, like a shepherd over a beloved flock.
8) A careful nurse will keep a constant watch over her sick especially weak, protracted, and collapsed cases.
9) I am your head of house, and I will be keeping watch over you during your tenure at this school.
10) Atheists live their lives as though there is nobody watching over them.
11) On this day he was watching over his sheep in the vicinity of a cave.
12) If your ex is still watching over you, then his or her actions say a lot about residual feelings.
13) He was always losing the animals he was supposed to be watching over and was then always getting punished for this.
14) Many of them have no desire to be watched over, no matter how good-natured the "Big Brother" figure might be.
15) I went to my babysitter's house every day after school. She watched over me and a few other children.
16) He was a good king and watched over the country and the Cambodian people.
17) Centers on a young girl who has been murdered and watches over her family - and her killer - from purgatory.
18) Here, a guard from a Gabon national park watches over the massive mother's progress.
19) It has a friendly doorman, who watches over me and my neighbors, who are mostly quiet families.
20) Metaphorically, it implies that with meditation, a person watches over or takes care of his spiritual heart.