"wave of the future"
a strong, growing trend or development that may influence or become a significant part of the future
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Do you think this trend toward going digital with customer service departments will last?
Colleague 2: Not only will the trend last, going digital will encompass businesses end-to-end. All aspects of the business will be connected to deliver the most robust customer service imaginable.
Colleague 1: Sounds like going digital is the wave of the future.
Colleague 2: Without a doubt. And businesses that do not pursue this avenue will suffer losses of customers and profit.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I sure am learning some interesting things in history class.
Friend 2: For instance?
Friend 1: When most of the world believed that the world was going to be lit by burning kerosene, Thomas Edison absolutely believed that providing light using electricity was the wave of the future.
Friend 2: I guess Edison was right because now the world is lit using electricity.
There is no gerund form for wave of the future.
1) It's safe to say that mobile transactions are the wave of the future.
2) Direct democracy, enhanced by modern electronics is the inevitable wave of the future. It is a promising development that has long provided ...
3) ... the concept seemed like a great idea to me and it was described as the wave of the future and a high tech solution to the outdated ...
4) He tells us this technology is the wave of the future, but it's actually closer to an anachronism.
5) So millions of people already have a sense that voice tech is the wave of the future.
6) ... projection technology, combined with mobile phones, is touted in some circles as a wave of the future.
7) ... important problem solving skills and are learning to research current information. This is the wave of the future.
8) The younger nurses are picking it up more quickly and realize that it is the wave of the future, so they have to.
9) On the other hand, Sony thinks augmented reality books are the wave of the future.
10) HTML5 is the promising wave of the future -- when developers will be able to build one app that works on all platforms.
11) Ocean-based energy is the wave of the future. Current and potential markets for offshore wind and tidal power will ...
12) Navy warships can not both be obsolete and the wave of the future at the same time.
13) It's not the 'wave of the future' -- it's right now.
14) It seems insane now, but five years ago the world thought netbooks were the wave of the future -- and then the iPhone happened.
15) The wave of the future is in wetware, so invest in graduate students today!
16) On-land fish farming sounds totally impractical, but Schonwald thinks this is the wave of the future.
17) Online cash loans are becoming the new wave of the future and people are applying if only to establish themselves with these services.
18) Most of the members agreed that mobile marketing will be the wave of the future and that companies should move that to the top of the marketing ...
19) ... and the boom in natural gas generator production, it seems like this is the wave of the future. Natural gas generators have come on strong in recent years, ...
20) ... electric cars (with electricity produced by renewable sources) or hydrogen-powered vehicles are the wave of the future.