"wear and tear"
damage and deterioration resulting from ordinary use and exposure
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Have you included machine replacement costs for budget projections?
Colleague 2: I have but it is difficult to assess the impact of daily wear and tear.
Colleague 1: Regular maintenance should reduce the amount of regular damage and deterioration over time.
Colleague 2: I suppose I will factor in regular maintenance and then use industry averages for replacement times.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I heard that you have to have surgery to replace a knee joint.
Friend 2: Unfortunately, yes.
Friend 1: I guess all that training and marathon race running has caught up with you.
Friend 2: Running does cause a lot of wear and tear on the joints.
There is no gerund form for wear and tear.
1) ... Rolling Stones front man, 73, is starting to show a little wear and tear?
2) ... also resulted in higher usage rates for available aircraft, which accelerates the wear and tear on already strained airframes and increases the risk of future mishaps.
3) Fear, thus, causes wear and tear of the heart and the malfunctioning of its pacemaker system.
4) However, because of wear and tear, the kitchen was beginning to disintegrate.
5) Every part of the human body is complex, soft and susceptible to wear and tear.
6) ... watch the bridge closely, examining if the concrete will hold up to wear and tear and the weather as predicted.
7) ... growth drivers of global e-book reader market are the sensitivity of books to wear and tear and need of adequate care, ...
8) Nanotechnology helps to reduce wear and tear significantly. Reduction in the wear and tear is critical to high performance tires, ...
9) ... incident is likely to be caused by a worn component due to regular wear and tear.
10) ... case that can deliver effective protection against bumps, drops and everyday wear and tear.
11) ... plying this road daily complain that its condition has contributed immensely to the wear and tear of their vehicles, ...
12) Being stressed out of your mind can be brain-damaging. Scientists call the wear and tear on the body due to chronic stress "allostatic load".
13) ... has been suffering from wear and tear, arising from lack of consistent maintenance.
14) ... rental profit such as, advertising for lettings, property insurance, and wear and tear on fixture and fittings.
15) ... as 200,000km during that short period and did not suffer anything beyond regular wear and tear.
16) But If I were you I'd argue my case with devaluation (wear and tear) for a lower than last year's rates.
17) It had suffered much wear and tear over the decades, exposed to both the elements and to ...
18) ... million of these have the most common form, osteoarthritis, caused by wear and tear on joints where the cartilage that cushions movement is worn away.
19) ... which reduces friction and thus wear and tear between key engine components.
20) There is also a constant fear of corrosion, wear and tear, bending and breakage of fan's blades resulting from frequent cleaning.