"to wear your heart on your sleeve"
to openly display your emotions or thoughts
Poor Steve is suffering after his girlfriend Barbara broke up with him. He walks around with his head hanging down. His face looks so sad and forlorn. It looks as if he has just been crying.
Steve wears his heart on his sleeve.
Children are usually very honest and open. When they are happy, we can see that they are happy. When they are afraid we can see that, too. We are never left to guess what emotions they are feeling because...
Children wear their hearts on their sleeves.
Wearing your heart on your sleeve can allow others to easily hurt your feelings.
1) I used to wear my heart on my sleeve but that night I decided forget my heart, I need confidence pills!
2) I'd say I am strategically emotional. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am very emotional about this business.
3) I have never been ashamed to wear my heart on my sleeve when it comes to Australian hip-hop.
4) I'm an emotional guy. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.
5) My main weakness is my tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve and remain honest with my affection and intentions.
6) I wear my heart on my sleeve. Men take advantage of it.
7) I've grown up a lot, but I still wear my heart on my sleeve. That's never going to change.
8) Yeah, but this is a business. I always wear my heart on my sleeve, but of course you have to be business minded as well.
9) I wear my heart on my sleeve in probably every interaction that I have with people.
10) I will be honest and wear my heart on my sleeve here and say that when this happens, I get very annoyed inside.
11) But the truth is, I wear my heart on my sleeve. I had no idea there were bad people out there.
12) I am happy to wear my heart on my sleeve, I give love easily, I give and take.
13) So I suppose what I'll continue to do is wear my heart on my sleeve (although now haphazardly wrapped in some sort of protective covering).
14) I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am brought up to be loyal and be truthful to everyone.
15) I am an open book. I wear my heart on my sleeve. All those cliches apply to me. No secrets here.
16) You wear your heart on your sleeve and are SO trusting.
17) Ron, you are a great guy and you wear your heart on your sleeve, but your choice of words was inappropriate and insulting to staff.
18) Like your Nana says, you wear your heart on your sleeve. Whatever happens sweet Lola Mae, never forget that your life is an adventure.
19) Regardless of gender -- expose your vulnerabilities, wear your heart on your sleeve, and consider the point of view of the person you're talking to.
20) So I say go ahead, wear your heart on your sleeve. Love blindly and recklessly. Fall in love, get your heart smashed.