"(to be) a weirdo"
someone who has very strange ideas or behavior
Related words and phrases:
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: How's your anthropology class going?
Student 2: OK, except that the professor has a lot of really strange ideas about the age of the earth. He thinks that the earth, based on bible studies, is only about six thousand years old.
Student 1: Oh, ya. I had that professor last semester. He is a bit of a weirdo.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you noticed that there seems to be more and more strange people spouting their insanity on the street corners?
Friend 2: Just yesterday I saw a man holding a sign telling everyone that the world was ending the next day.
Friend 1: This morning on my way to work, I saw a woman dressed as an alien who claimed to have been abducted by aliens and was pregnant with their baby.
Friend 2: Where do all these weirdos come from?
Being a weirdo causes people to give you funny looks.
1) Ethical investing wants to go mainstream. You don't need to be a weirdo and you can achieve good returns without abandoning your principles.
2) The user profile you created for yourself claims you to be a weirdo with many names you use to trick people.
3) No one is silencing him by noting that he seems to be a weirdo.
4) "A man with a new idea is a weirdo until he succeeds." - M. Twain
5) ... something that will make many shallow conventional thinkers immediately think dismissively that MMT is a weirdo proposition?
6) The man is a weirdo on the level of the "squaring the circle" crowd.
7) This guy is a weirdo and shouldn't be passing on his misconceptions to schoolchildren.
8) ... columns of the newspapers in order to announce to the world that he is a weirdo and faddist and incapable of unprejudiced judgment.
9) To his detractors, he is a weirdo whose outlandish notions are impractical and outdated.
10) I have to assume that person is a weirdo until proven otherwise.
11) He is a weirdo and he is surrounded by weirdos.
12) If you think that the only candidate is a weirdo, then your politics are scary and immoral.
13) Kurzweil is a weirdo. Anyone who thinks it's reasonable to plot entirely arbitrary historical events ...
14) The specific set of silly ideas known as 'supply-side economics' is a weirdo doctrine, which would have little influence if it did not appeal to the prejudices ...
15) Has the rest of the CU law faculty decided LawProf is a weirdo not worth engaging?
16) Are you suggesting that he is a weirdo because he is interested in unidentified objects?
17) If there are weirdos and crazies around in the US, they are almost entirely found on the Democrat ...
18) ... destroyed by its malignant power in their lives. Those who practice such things are weirdos and dangerous at that ...
19) In every field that has relevance to the power sector, there are weirdos and scam artists operating with offers to solve the entire power crisis in one go ...
20) ... houses of cards and financial con games. So, in each bubble there are weirdos who argue that this time is different and that the bubble is driven by a ...