"Welcome to the club!"
an expression indicating empathy for being in the same, or a similar, unfortunate state
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Learning English is so difficult. Just when I think that I am making progress, another idiom pops up that I do not know. It can get a little frustrating sometimes.
Friend 2: Welcome to the club! I've been studying English for years and still have trouble with idioms.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I have to work another weekend. I sure am getting tired of putting in so much overtime. Is it just me or what?
Colleague 2: Welcome to the club! I know it is difficult. We all had to go through the overwork period when we first started working here. When a new person is hired, your workload will decrease.
There is no gerund form for Welcome to the club!
1) ... inside my computer -- if you didn't know there was such a thing, welcome to the club -- kept correcting a sentence I'd composed.
2) It's not about the bikes. You're getting old. Welcome to the club!
3) ... a ready-set-goal mentality, but now find yourself reverting back to old habits, welcome to the club.
4) So if you are feeling stressed right now, welcome to the club!
5) "Why do I feel so tired all the time?" "Welcome to the club," writes Mira Kirshenbaum, a psychotherapist and researcher, ...
6) ... and must be especially hard for someone just emerging as a female but welcome to the club, Caitlyn.
7) If you now feel like you just walked into a Science Fiction story, welcome to the club! Human longevity could potentially be extended centuries or even millennia if ...
8) Muslim one shouldn't? Is this Secularism? If you think No, then welcome to the club:) You are one of us.
9) ... expect the laser-light of scrutiny he shines on any corner of the political class. Welcome to the club, Guido!
10) IF YOU ARE STILL BATTLING WITH THE SIN NATURE IN YOUR FLESH, welcome to the club... so was Paul!
11) Well there are those who have had and those who are going to have -- welcome to the club my boy. "No judgement but an acceptance of the fact ...
12) Undoubtedly. Is there unnecessary bureaucracy and excess regulation? Sure. Welcome to the Club. Inefficiency, waste, uselessness, bureaucracy and regulation are the ...
13) ... and poly people sometimes face discrimination, bigotry, and oppression. So welcome to the club!
14) If you are an entrepreneur and your first venture wasn't a success, welcome to the club!
15) ... you've held anything important on your car's structure with a bungee cord, welcome to the club!
16) ... that have seen their bottom lines hurt by the Internet would say, well, welcome to the club. Deal with it.
17) ... seriously, the stress is killing me. Welcome to the club!
18) He's only 80 and I'm 81. I've told him welcome to the club and it's not so bad to be 80.
19) Do you believe that worry is preparation? If yes, then welcome to the club! Worriers get a lot of unsolicited advice from non-worriers.
20) I just don't feel appreciated. Welcome to the club!; none of us feel appreciated, really, if we're ...