"what's done is done"
it is final and in the past and cannot be changed
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I can't believe that I forgot to include that important section in the boss's presentation. It kept me up half the night last night. I am worried that I can never recover the boss's trust.
Colleague 2: What's done is done. There is nothing you can do to change the past. All you can do is make sure it never happens again and hope the boss forgets your blunder.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I knew I should have been more careful. I rushed out of the house and forgot to lock the door and a burglar stole my new television.
Friend 2: What's done is done. What can you do about it now? Perhaps it is a cautionary tale to remind you to always lock your doors.
Friend 1: I suppose, but I really liked that TV.
There is no gerund form for what's done is done.
1) I think he's right: What's done is done, and what's on record stands.
2) "What's done is done," he said, "You can not change history.
3) But, like I said before. What's done is done. Forget about it and move on.
4) ... it was a mistake and he's owned up to his mistake. What's done is done leave the people involved alone to work out their problems.
5) ... the residual feelings that linger and haunt. So final. Permanent. What's done is done. The best you can do is learn something of value and move ...
6) It was good while it lasted, but what's done is done.
7) I fully agree that what's done is done and it would be ridiculous to try to reinstate 180-year-old territorial boundaries.
8) What's done is done, we can't change that, but we can change the way ...
9) He kept telling me what's done is done and they would not re-advertise the role or consider other candidates.
10) ... but what's done is done and now what's most important is what you say and do afterwards.
11) What's done is done, and 'if-onlys' will eat your life if you let them.
12) Much of it was years ahead of alternatives. But, what's done is done. That's the past; we can not change it.
13) It doesn't even matter now, what's done is done, the kid is dead.
14) What's done is done. She can't change what happened, and she needs to accept ...
15) I don't want to discuss what happened, we both know what's done is done.
16) Don't do this to yourself, McKay. What's done is done. Second guessing won't help.
17) I seriously hope he hasn't been losing sleep over this because what's done is done. It was a tough call to make in the situation.
18) ... but in the end you can't focus on the past. What's done is done, and nothing will change that.
19) What's done is done. However you look at the situation now, the damage is irreversible.
20) I guess I probably could have broken it up, but what's done is done. And it is done.