"when hell freezes over"
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I keep working hard and producing excellent work. When will the boss ever compliment me on my work?
Colleague 2: When hell freezes over. It is just not her style to give praise.
Colleague 1: So it does not matter how well I do, the boss will never praise me?
Colleague 2: She never has.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: You and Ben have not been speaking for months now. You used to be best friends. Are you ever going to forgive him?
Friend 2: I will forgive Ben when hell freezes over.
Friend 1: He must have done something very bad.
Friend 2: He did. He stole my girlfriend.
There is no gerund form for when hell freezes over.
1) ... shaking hands, and letting bygones be bygones will be the day when hell freezes over.
2) I don't think ever, like pretty close to when hell freezes over. Like we're going to leave that one alone.
3) ... not happening and went as far as saying it would happen, "when hell freezes over". Speaking about the possibility of a reboot ...
4) ... reboot would happen "when hell freezes over". That's a hard no then.
5) ... don't think that will happen any day soon do you? Maybe when hell freezes over?
6) In 1980, Henley famously said the Eagles would reform "when hell freezes over".
7) The answer is... When hell freezes over or you pay for my house with an extra bedroom and a live-in nanny.
8) I am anticipating the day when hell freezes over and one of your financial gurus addresses financial situations that are for real people.
9) ... deputy premier asked if he'd consider running for office. "When hell freezes over," replied Plecas. He had no self-evident political skills and no taste ...
10) ... politicians have so much collective ego invested in this delusion that, even when hell freezes over, they will still find it impossible to admit they got it wrong.
11) ... allowing the in-town reservoirs to remain open. "That will really be when hell freezes over," he says. Advocates say the possibilities haven't been exhausted.
12) I'll apologize when hell freezes over.
13) I have asked Jake to ask his sister to apologize and make amends, but he insists she'll do it when "hell freezes over."
14) ... but as much as I would love to be channelling Regina George's 'cool mum' in a 'violetto' car that will only happen when hell freezes over.
15) I'll stop the "us vs them" when you do, meaning, when hell freezes over. Liberals would die without your "us vs them" melodrama 24/7.
16) The day when turkey can walk away from American influence, will be when hell freezes over.
17) ... meeting Friday, after proposing an amendment to the bill that would make it effective when “hell freezes over,” instead of the date of July 1.
18) When asked to amend the blog or apologise by university management, Professor McAdams said he would do so “when hell freezes over.”
19) ... triggering the Brexit negotiations sooner or later, but at the moment, her current position may as well be declared as “when hell freezes over.”
20) Only if that's when hell freezes over. Unless UC and the Broad settle, this could drag on for years.