"to whet your appetite"
to cause to be interested in and want more of something
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Have you seen this new algorithm for predicting consumer preference?
Colleague 2: No. I haven't heard about it.
Colleague 1: I went to a short mini-seminar on it last week. It is absolutely fascinating and I really want to learn more.
Colleague 2: It has really whet your appetite, then?
Colleague 1: I believe this algorithm is going to be a really important factor in the success of the company. I've booked a place at a more intensive workshop for next week.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How did Gus do with his white-water kayaking introductory class?
Friend 2: Amazingly well. He told me that is was the most fun he had had in a long time. He has already started planning his next vacation. He is going to go white-water kayaking.
Friend 1: So I guess the introductory class really whet his appetite?
Friend 2: He's hooked.
Whetting your appetite for a new video game, good sales plan offer the first chapter free to try.
1) However, we've got the first trailer and synopsis to whet your appetite.
2) To whet your appetite, we've chosen 13 of what we feel are the most keenly ...
3) Served in canape-style, these mini treats are sure to whet your appetite.
4) To whet your appetite for this year's edition, the magazine has dropped a 90-second trailer ...
5) ... to delve in to some aspects that set it apart from it's predecessor to whet your appetite. It's now got a single-player campaign.
6) Perhaps on my next non-emergency visit, I'll take a sample meal to whet the appetite of someone in management.
7) ... he has released a tantalising and frightening video, which should certainly whet the appetite of anyone hoping to watch the 25-year-old's professional debut.
8) As a way to whet the appetite of the motoring public, McLaren recently released new details about the all-new ...
9) Seeing what is possible will whet the appetite of the people and energise them into taking actions that will bring about ...
10) ... promised the Sun during the electioneering campaign, and without doubt, has whet the appetite of the whole country.
11) This really in-depth programme whetted my appetite for more.
12) ... before taking on the challenge, but now it has just whetted my appetite to get back into training and to join a gym again.
13) The only aspect that whetted my appetite somewhat was that of it having Steven Spielberg at the helm, ...
14) ... and says the experiences whetted his appetite for major tournament football.
15) It helped him understand different cultures, planted the seeds of wanderlust and whetted his appetite for adventure.
16) ... the four of us took a tour of the brewery to whet our appetite.
17) Although far from confirmed, the reports certainly whet our appetite.
18) Recent international performances have whet our appetite that his explosive and creative style of batting will nicely suit our line-up.
19) ... but a well-executed battle scene in a Hindi film whets your appetite for more.
20) What is it about the pothichoru that whets your appetite and makes your mouth water at the very mention of it?