"will have to do"
will have to be acceptable, although it is not ideal, as there are no other options available
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you got the sandwiches made for the picnic?
Friend 2: I only had enough stuff to make five sandwiches.
Friend 1: Well, there will be five of us so there will be one sandwich for each person. Would have been better to have a few more sandwiches.
Friend 2: Well. Five sandwiches are all we have so they will have to do.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Your presentation looks really good. It would be great if you could find a few more appropriate images.
Colleague 2: I'm giving the presentation in an hour so I really don't have time. All the most important details are in the presentation. It'll have to do as it is.
Colleague 1: Since you don't really have another option, yes, it's ready to go.
There is no gerund form for will have to do.
1) ... incredible ability to communicate and his turn of phrase, but that will have to do in summing up.
2) ... dammit. But am allowed to turbo the GQ. That will have to do.
3) Coun. Bonnie Ainsworth says that will have to do, for now.
4) ... house is about as clean as it ever gets, and that will have to do.
5) ... so I guess that will have to do for my fix of country.
6) I'm in need of sleep, so that will have to do for now.
7) I have sown seed in pots in the polytunnel and that will have to do. Peas, likewise I have abandoned.
8) ... one more racecourse gallop at the end of next week and that will have to do.
9) ... of the last Rushden squad ply their trade there now! That will have to do until our phoenix club, AFC Rushden & Diamonds rise out of the United Counties ...
10) But I do my best to recycle at my end so that will have to do for me.
11) ... a rock and see each other wave and for now that will have to do till the Atlantic's dry.
12) ... till the airfares drop to Greyhound rates for now that will have to do.
13) ... is an all star and everyone in Mayo thinks so. That will have to do this year.
14) ... file size I'm guessing the quality is lame, but that will have to do for now.
15) ... had a crumpet. But I've had scones, so that will have to do. Hell, I'll just eat some donuts. I am Canadian, after ...
16) You made the effort to apologize, and that will have to do.
17) ... of corn flakes, some Pedigree Chum and a few tins. 'That'll have to do,' she said, pushing them to the checkout.
18) ... internet for a couple of hours a few times a week, perhaps? That'll have to do them.
19) ... can't think of anything remotely witty for this week's post title, so that'll have to do.
20) ... going for a networking event together.. but ah well, for now, that'll have to do.