"with something to spare"
with more than is needed;
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are you going to have that report finished on time?
Colleague 2: No problem, and with time to spare.
Colleague 1: When will you have it done?
Colleague 2: By the end of today.
Colleague 1: That's great. That's two days early.
A couple are talking ...
Husband: How are our finances looking this month?
Wife: Really good. I've paid all the bills and deposited the budgeted amount into the savings account. We have reached our budget goal with five hundred dollars to spare.
Husband: Maybe we could use the left over money to take a little weekend getaway?
Wife: Good idea. I'll start looking at booking a nice bed and breakfast.
There is no gerund form for with something to spare.
1) We got back with enough time to spare to clean the hut well, and have our bags waiting for our flight.
2) ... out as taxable income. Or if you have an RSP with contribution room to spare, simply move your RESP to your RSP as a contribution to offset the tax.
3) But you should be able to find your gate with some time to spare to use the restroom or whatever.
4) We hoped to get through the mountains with enough daylight to spare but that wasn't going to happen. The drive was made even more difficult ...
5) She raises a breed called Silkies, with good looks to spare, bearing luxuriant feathers of an exceptional fluffiness.
6) Finally made it home with an hour to spare before my parents were to come over for dinner. Mad scramble to cook and ...
7) ... out on the economic benefits of marketing to a youth sect with pocket money to spare.
8) ... would have secured the points needed to qualify from the group with two games to spare. We may have clearly been the superior side in terms of quality.
9) Anderson's side would go on to win the championship with two games to spare but they did it the hard way.
10) When changing trains with some time to spare, you can leave your luggage and explore the town.
11) Anyone with the money to spare could sign up with one of the many tour operators that arrange trekking trips.
12) That's primary, secondary and universities combined. With 10 billion to spare. You could more than double the education budget if we didn't have to ...
13) ... late afternoon ferry back to Kos for the final time but with a morning to spare, over dinner, we made plans to visit the neighbouring islet of Telendos.
14) Even gamers with the dosh to spare would be better suited with a variety of well featured comfortable and cheaper alternatives.
15) ... smaller payments would have less of an adverse effect on developers with less cash to spare.
16) ... families with children lose out most, and those with least money to spare are hit hardest.
17) Bangladesh defeated South Africa with one ball to spare.
18) ... and the bike is going well so make Armadale with 40 mins to spare. Time for a proper coffee and cake in Castle Cafe before the ferry.
19) ... the bridge and lowered it across the gap. It reached with two feet to spare on either side but Robert was unconvinced of its strength.
20) We made it back with two days to spare before classes started again.