"withstand the test of time"
to continue to be effective, successful, or popular for a long period of time
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Here we go again with another new manager.
Colleague 2: They start the job eager with all sorts of innovative ideas and then the reality of the position becomes clear and their performance begins to decline.
Colleague 1: But this new manager seems different.
Colleague 2: Let's see if she can withstand the test of time. If she is still going strong after a year, I will be surprised.
Two siblings are talking ...
Brother: It is hard to believe but here we are celebrating the fiftieth wedding anniversary of our parents.
Sister: They sure went through some difficult times with their marriage. There were times I thought they would break up.
Brother: Well, this anniversary party is proof that their marriage has withstood the test of time.
Withstanding the test of time, the washing machine lasted twenty years before needing service.
1) I think it will withstand the test of time. The great victory would be that, in however many years, ...
2) Most wanted judgments that would withstand the test of time and could be cited by generations unborn.
3) Cliches withstand the test of time because they are most often true.
4) ... and great cookbooks need to be well written in order to withstand the test of time, with words well chosen, eloquent, factual and direct.
5) ... wants to leave behind a legacy that will withstand the test of time.
6) A solidly constructed building can withstand the test of time.
7) You can not build on a faulty foundation and expect the structure to withstand the test of time.
8) We need to formulate and work hard to build a team that will withstand the test of time.
9) They manufacture products that can withstand the test of time and uses high-quality materials.
10) Snaps aren't meant to withstand the test of time, or even be viewed again tomorrow. Your Snapchat Story is a ...
11) ... not only enables smarter marketing decisions, but sustainably builds brands that can withstand the test of time.
12) These art pieces are durable and can withstand the test of time. They can be placed on the wall or even on the door.
13) ... is a timeless collection of memories, landmarks and milestones that have withstood the test of time.
14) Despite the dramatic fluctuations in his reputation, Tagore's works have withstood the test of time, and his place in the history of world literature seems assured.
15) It is more than a century old brand and one that has withstood the test of time and successfully maintained the lead.
16) ... is antique, vintage and retro items are quality pieces -- they've withstood the test of time and will continue to do so.
17) The value created by marketing is in developing a brand that withstands the test of time.
18) ... should continue to do in marriage that will ensure that your physical chemistry withstands the test of time.
19) ... but good literature is proven when it withstands the test of time.
20) This has taught me to always buy quality things. Quality withstands the test of time and it never goes out of style.