"wolf in sheep's clothing"
someone or something that seems friendly but is in fact unpleasant or cruel or not as perceived
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Mary seems like a really nice person.
Friend 2: Just be careful. She's a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Friend 1: What do you mean?
Friend 2: She's nice to your face and after she gains your trust and learns you secrets, she will secretly start spreading malicious gossip about you.
Friend 1: Thanks for the warning.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Nice new car you've bought. Looks a little like a normal boring family sedan, though.
Friend 2: It does look boring but hiding behind the boring exterior is a super powerful engine and sport tuned suspension. This car can go really fast and handles like a race car.
Friend 1: It's a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing, then.
Friend 2: Very much.
Being a wolf in sheep's clothing, you tell lies about your friends.
1) However she is like the wolf in sheep 's clothing, methodically plotting and executing revenge against the people who framed ...
2) ... bully may come across as polite, amiable and even jovial. The term "wolf in sheep 's clothing" comes to mind. At the outset, a bully ...
3) Beware of the wolf in sheep 's clothing.
4) ... and it lulls people into a false sense of security. It can be a wolf in sheep 's clothing.
5) ... loved this guy. He hurt us all, not just her. A true wolf in sheep 's clothing. This kind of betrayal is so foreign to her, ...
6) ... hypocrite, four flusher, snake in the grass. Just a swindler, a wolf in sheep 's clothing, liar.
7) My stepfather is a wolf in sheep 's clothing and I feel as if no one knows but me.
8) Sentiment can be dangerous. It can be a wolf in sheep 's clothing; it can be dreadfully counter-productive.
9) ... beware the workplace wolf in sheep 's clothing, as they could use the knowledge of your condition for ...
10) ... and it doesn't look too different from its predecessors. But this is a wolf in sheep 's clothing. A beast among men.
11) It is soft-influence masquerading as no-influence; a wolf in sheep 's clothing.
12) He has not gone away, he is the wolf in sheep 's clothing and very, very dangerous. Way to smooth and polished ...
13) I warn you 'honest money legislation' is a wolf in sheep 's clothing.
14) ... unrealistic, unfair, and plain WRONG factual propositions and then, like a wolf in sheep 's clothing, pretends to proceed from there to a non-warmongering conclusion.
15) He will definitely be revealed as the wolf in sheep 's clothing that he has always been.
16) She seems like a true convert and not some subtle wolf in sheep 's clothing.
17) ... is either naive or a fool. This is a wolf in sheep 's clothing scenario. The man is blinded by false and imaginary promises ...
18) The NRA has been the proverbial wolf in sheep 's clothing for generations... " talking about their support for the rights ...
19) Americans got to take a peek at Satan's spawn. How obvious was this wolf in sheep 's clothing during the debates.
20) ... message here is that they are your enemies, every one of them potentially a wolf in sheep 's clothing.