"to be a woman of means"
to be wealthy;
to have a lot of money
Related words and phrases:
Sandra is a successful salesperson. She has been making a good deal of money for the past five years. Sandra has invested her money well. Because of these wise investments Sandra is now a rich woman.
Sandra is a woman of means.
Michelle owns eight luxury cars. She has mansions in five cities around the world. She also owns a yacht. Michelle is the president of many successful companies.
Michelle is a woman of means.
Being a woman of means can carry a lot of responsibility.
1) He was lured into a romantic relationship with a woman of means.
2) Plan B materialised in the form of his second wife, Julia, a German woman of means who encouraged him to give up commercial art.
3) She must also make time to do the ironing for a local woman of means.
4) A ladies companion was a paid friend and professional chaperon to a gentile woman of means who wanted to see something of the world and who wished to travel
5) He knows that Mr Elton will find a woman of means and he is " mortified " by having assisted.
6) When reporters said she was a woman of means, Charlene interjected, "Don't say that."
7) The book's third main character, Prudence, is a fearless, headstrong white woman of means who leaves her Boston home for Buford, Mississippi.
8) Mary Magdalene in our New Testament sources, but she does seem to be a woman of means and she is associated with several other women of standing from Galilee.
9) You are a woman of means because you have a lot of money.
10) Is she a woman of means if she controls a financial empire?
11) Has she been a woman of means once before?
12) Was she a woman of means last year?
13) She was a woman of means last year.
14) You had been a woman of means until the stock market failed.
15) Had they been women of means until the stock market failed?
16) You will not be a woman of means next year.
17) Are you going to be a woman of means next year?
18) Will she have been a woman of means for ten years by 2012?
19) She is going to have been a woman of means for ten years by 2012.
20) They will have been women of means for ten years by 2012.