"to work your butt off"
to work very hard, especially for a long period of time
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: There's Leanne staying late again working on her presentation.
Colleague 2: What's that? Three nights this week already?
Colleague 1: And she's been doing that for a month now.
Colleague 2: I guess she feels that the presentation is important enough to work her butt off for.
Colleague 1: If it lands her a huge account, it will be worth all the effort and toil.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Thanks for asking me to your grandfather's retirement party. It sure is a nice home they have here. They have a swimming pool and everything. Does your family have money?
Friend 2: My grandfather emigrated to this country as a young adult. He arrived with four dollars in his pocket and has worked his butt off for fifty years to achieve what he has. Sometimes he worked three different jobs at the same time. He even put himself through university.
Friend 1: I guess hard work and perseverance pay off.
Working his butt off for minimum wage, he worked for five years to save enough money to buy a car.
1) I have because my immigrant grandparents worked their butt off to earn it, with the hope of giving their children better lives.
2) ... about the economy. Millions of hard working Americans that worked their butt off for their employers and that did everything "right" are sitting at home on ...
3) ... she didn't remember the grandfathers who'd worked their butt off so she could have the best of everything.
4) Those old and infirm worked their butt off and broke their backs to have what they could get, accumulate what they could ...
5) ... with no help within 2 miles of walking, and worked their butt off sewing, cleaning, and cooking each day.
6) ... first year of operation, you can expect to be working your butt off.
7) All you wonderful people, working your butt off on these sensational restorations. Please accept my heartfelt thanks, I am absolutely ...
8) ... you in a higher earnings bracket? If you are working your butt off for close to minimum wage, going back to school can help you realize your ...
9) You can work your butt off and achieve status in your job, but you can still be without lots of ...
10) Work your butt off when writing your preface and make the most of it. This anthology represents YOU.
11) ... themselves to believe it was their lot in live to work their butt off, living in abject poverty, providing most of their produce for the elite so ...
12) I see members volunteer their time and sometimes work their butt off for the purpose of bringing souls (yes, even their own) to Christ.
13) ... that 70 year old manual laborers are strong enough to work their butt off so that bankers can enjoy their yacht.
14) A loyal army of wage-slaves working their butt off to earn a trivial wage... trapped... with no hope.
15) This, despite the police working their butt off and wracking their brains to pursue these cases from "every angle".
16) ... harder for less and less, barely scraping by while working their butt off, watching any hope of the American Dream fade before their eyes.
17) ... no money, quite literally, and to penny-pinch while working his butt off to escape the poverty trap of his youth.
18) ... so poor, but wearied from morning to night, working his butt off, bringing himself to the grave with anxiety; ...
19) Working our butt off without giving ourselves some time to enjoy the finer things in life is bound to ...
20) ... you can bet that we're working our butt off in order to bring your server back into working condition.