"(to be) worth your weight in salt"
to be effective, efficient and capable;
to justify in productivity the amount that you are paid
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: With the corporate takeover we are going to have to fire about forty percent of the staff. Do you have any suggestions?
Colleague 2: That's going to be difficult. I suppose we need to decide who is the most efficient and productive in their jobs.
Colleague 1: OK. Who is worth their weight in salt, then?
Colleague 2: Greg has brought in a lot of business and never misses a deadline.
Colleague 1: OK. Greg stays.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I've never understood why you pay more than half of the rent and your roommate pays less.
Friend 2: My roommate takes care of all the cleaning and chores around the apartment.
Friend 1: So, in essence, she earns her rent reduction.
Friend 2: Without a doubt, she's worth her weight in salt.
Being worth his weight in salt, he was not one of the people fired during the takeover.
1) As every designer worth their weight in salt knows, the greater the challenge, the greater the satisfaction of overcoming it.
2) Granted Clichy could have been cleared by a physician, any physician worth their weight in salt when dealing in concussions would NOT have returned this individual with the mechanism of injury ...
3) Any lawyer worth their weight in salt will charge high rates.
4) However, any climber worth their weight in salt will make sure that if a fall is likely, the protection in place is ...
5) Any historian worth their weight in salt can recite Aristotle's famous distinction between poetry and history, ...
6) Any lawyer worth his weight in salt will tell the suspect in no uncertain terms to make no statement to the police ...
7) ... any geologist worth his weight in salt would not say that fracking will not cause contamination of our groundwater.
8) ... asked Moore whether questions had been vetted in advance -- which no journalist worth his weight in salt should countenance -- he said most assuredly not.
9) And so any aspiring manager or executive worth his weight in salt, who worked 40 hours a week or less would not be considered promotable talent ...
10) ... any conduit tech worth his weight in salt would recognize a power supply when he saw one.
11) Once inside any clinic worth its weight in salt, the professionalism and respect that all clients receive will make them feel at home.
12) Any social movement in history worth its weight in salt took decades to actually achieve its goal.
13) Any company worth its weight in salt wants employees to take vacations, and should be concerned about those who don't.
14) Like any good film script worth its weight in salt; the occasion had all the necessary pre-requisites.
15) I think any band that's worth its weight in salt genuinely believes they're the best band in the world, ...
16) If your hostess is worth her weight in salt, she'll have covered the table in white linen specifically for this purpose.
17) Once upon a time, no American worth her weight in salt would ever stand for identification papers, gun control, nanny state regulations, ...
18) Ato, you are worth your weight in salt. You've got all that it takes to reach to the highest ladder in ...
19) Someone who is worth their weight in salt deserves respect.
20) ... you can't be a breakfast place worth your weight in salt anywhere in the Quad Cities if you don't have huge cinnamon rolls.