"wouldn't say boo to a goose"
an expression used to describe someone who is very quiet and shy
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Did you see Walter at the party last night?
Friend 2: Crazy, right? Walter is usually so shy he wouldn't say boo to a goose.
Friend 1: Not last night. He was having a great time talking to everyone and dancing.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Who's that flirting with Hiram?
Colleague 2: It looks like Miriam from accounting.
Colleague 1: No way. Miriam wouldn't say boo to a goose.
Colleague 2: It's definitely Miriam. Maybe she got some help overcoming her timidity.
There is no gerund form for wouldn't say boo to a goose.
1) ... who were normally very talkative said very little, and others who hadn't said boo to a goose became very eloquent under cover of darkness.
2) Now my partner not wanting to say boo to a goose said she would talk with me and ring the boss back.
3) ... drunken rage in Doha airport. Quite a bit different to the " wouldn't say boo to a goose " comments coming out on the day.
4) I used to be painfully shy - wouldn't' say boo to a goose'. I actively avoided talking to people I didn't already ...
5) Andre Nel, who was a maniac on the field but wouldn't say boo to a goose off it ...
6) ... like most of Washington, so frightened of Israel that he wouldn't say boo to a goose?
7) ... down to just three episodes, what hope is there of British television ever saying boo to a goose like George Osborne?
8) Let's stop pretending that Labour consists of nothing but mild-mannered people who wouldn't say boo to a goose.
9) Neither Mr Blair nor Mr Brown would say boo to a goose if it happened to be wearing a badge that said' FTSE-350
10) Miss C, the girl who wouldn't say boo to a goose, was as quiet as a mouse and seemed angelic in comparison ...
11) Mild-mannered believers in free speech, who would never previously have said boo to a goose, will be so outraged by this law that they will feel ...
12) You haven't said boo to a goose as long as you've been here. Now you seem to ...
13) behind their computer screens, free from repercussions. While they wouldn't say boo to a goose in the real world, these are the depraved souls who mock ...
14) He's so nervous he wouldn't say boo to a goose.
15) In fact there will be quite a few who can not say boo to a goose and will run at the first hint of trouble.
16) I wouldn't say boo to a goose, so when I was thrust onto the world stage I felt totally unprepared for it.
17) Now when I'm working with people who are less experienced and who wouldn't say boo to a goose, I try and inspire them to stand up for ...
18) Oh, I'm so obedient, I'm so sweet and I wouldn't say boo to a goose anywhere!
19) ... it's really just a place where people can pretend to be dead smart or, better yet, dead hard when in reality they wouldn't say boo to a goose.
20) People love him because, like Barry, he's a beast inside the ring but outside he looks like he wouldn't say boo to a goose.