"You said it!"
used to emphasize that you agree with something someone has just complained about because you have experienced it yourself
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I can't believe how unfair the boss can be. I asked for a couple of hours off work so that I could go and see the dentist. I have a tooth that is killing me.
Colleague 2: You said it! I asked the boss last week for time off to go to a friend's funeral and the boss laughed in my face.
Colleague 1: Sorry to hear that but at least it is good to know that it's not just me the boss is unfair to.
Two retired senior citizens are talking ...
Senior 1: It is getting more and more difficult to survive nowadays. The cost of living keeps going up but my pension stays the same.
Senior 2: You said it! I just got my property tax bill and it has increased thirty percent over last year.
Senior 1: I guess we will have sell our houses or something.
There is no gerund form for You said it!
1) ... typing it up. A slight problem for a writer. You said it! (laughs) Anyway, to get over that I decided to try ...
2) ... your favourite part of being involved with the show? Ha! You said it! There were SO many reasons I fell in love with Rock Of Ages ...
3) ... at that point. I will be forever grateful to her. You said it! If I'm honest I was a real arsehole at times and treated ...
4) That must have been a bit of a drag. George: You said it! I called my mother when I was reading the script and said, ...
5) ... wake up every morning all hot to discuss due process?" "You said it!" "-- but I want to be a lawyer." ...
6) ... like the hostess has been under a bit of pressure. "You said it!" Harriman laughed. "This is a little different than the normal ...
7) ... really uncomfortable. (pause) Ugly little cow isn't she? (laughing) You said it!
8) You said it! I couldn't believe it either.
9) Really? You said it! I lost my keys the other day, too.
10) You said it! I can sympathize.
11) You said it! That happened to me.
12) You said it! What are we going to do?
13) You said it! I was late for work as well.
14) You said it! I gained ten pounds over the holidays.
15) You said it! That's terrible that it happened to both of us.
16) You said it! My car broke down yesterday.
17) You said it! I can't believe the high prices.
18) You said it! I was sore for a week.
19) You said it! Our flight was delayed for three hours.
20) You said it! The traffic was so bad I was an hour late.