"your own flesh and blood"
your blood relatives, family and kin
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ... ...
Colleague 1: I hadn't realized how deeply the nepotism ran in this company.
Colleague 2: It is a privately owned company so the owner can promote whoever he wishes.
Colleague 1: Still, having the owner's nephew promoted ahead of me, even though I am far more qualified and work harder, is hard to take.
Colleague 2: And what would you do if it was your own flesh and blood?
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I didn't know you had a son.
Friend 2: I do. We became estranged years ago but he showed up in my life again about a week ago.
Friend 1: And he is your own flesh and blood? Not one of your wife's children?
Friend 2: He is my biological son.
There is no gerund form for your own flesh and blood.
1) ... suspects are characters he is directly related to - but could one of his own flesh and blood really have attempted to kill him?
2) ... than his grandson and his own flesh and blood.
3) ... shows the defendant was driven by selfishness and committed an unspeakable act against his own flesh and blood.... There is no mitigation in this case.
4) ... that a man has to apply for guardianship of his own flesh and blood? Why am I denied access to my child?
5) ... confides in us, hoping he has not passed his condition on to his own flesh and blood.
6) He said the main reason given by families for not accepting their own flesh and blood under the parole programme, was that the prisoners had not repented.
7) ... or become upset; there are others who are angered and disown their own flesh and blood.
8) ... to believe that someone who helped create a child would do this to their own flesh and blood.
9) ... often beyond the way that the person can rely on their own flesh and blood, because we don't stand to get an inheritance from them.
10) ... his step-siblings. It was a loving environment and everyone accepted Dimitri as their own flesh and blood.
11) ... my own son, the son I helped bring in this world, my own flesh and blood who I dearly loved.
12) ... he died, he had asked me to care for his sons like my own flesh and blood. I don't see it as a burden.
13) She's my own flesh and blood, so I have to forgive her.
14) How will I cope not having my own flesh and blood under my roof? Will he be safe?
15) ... imagine anyone doing that that, let alone to find out it was my own flesh and blood, my father.
16) And here I am, your own flesh and blood, and you intentionally cut me off.
17) ... son without sympathizing with his actions, conveying the unique heartbreak of having your own flesh and blood turn into something you don't even recognize.
18) ... love somebody else's child in the same way that you would love your own flesh and blood?
19) ... but it doesn't change the helplessness you feel when you see your own flesh and blood struggling.
20) How can your boyfriend tell you not to attend your own flesh and blood's funeral?